  • Re: What if Rand Paul is pretending to be a neocon so he can win the Rep nomination?

    What if Rand Paul is just another politician and he expects you to be dumb enough to not realize it and vote for him anyway?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Sphairon on Tue, Jan 29 2013
  • Re: Teaching

    There's a very informative debate on the matter between Walter Block (pro getting a PhD and teaching) and Gary North (contra getting a PhD and teaching). It should mandatory viewing for anyone faced with this decision. The gist of the matter is that in the quite unlikely event that you manage to attain a professorship at a university friendly to
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Thu, Jan 17 2013
  • Re: Who here has met Dr. Paul?

    [quote user="No2statism"]I haven't and even though I consider him the savior of liberty , I don't want to because I wouldn't know what to say. When I meet someone as infalliable as Dr. Paul, then I'd just embarass myself.[/quote] A little too thick on the idol worship, don't you think?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Sat, Jan 12 2013
  • Re: *** January 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    [quote user="Malachi"]In actual fact, victims are often victimized because they are vulnerable.[/quote] And poor people don't get ahead because they just can't keep their money together. I mean, really, is it too much to ask of everyone to have a Marine-style mindset up at all times, particularly around people they are supposed to
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Tue, Jan 8 2013
  • Re: *** January 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    [quote user="Malachi"]What, the problem is that not enough men are offended when someone suggests that a woman take some steps to make herself more secure?[/quote] How do you secure yourself against a supposed friend or relative sexually encroaching on you? Not everyone has the mental fortitude to resist this right at the scene, and it doesn't
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Tue, Jan 8 2013
  • Re: *** January 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    [quote user="Clayton"]If you are wealthy and you own a gold-watch, yes, the onus is on you to keep the watch covered when walking through a part of town where you might get mugged[/quote] The sooner you people realize that a hoodlum jumping from the bushes and raping the careless maiden isn't the problem with rape culture, the better we
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Tue, Jan 8 2013
  • Re: Alex Jones = Embarrassment to Liberty Movement

    If you think people are swayed by better arguments, you haven't been arguing enough. I've come to the conclusion that political convictions follow aesthetic preferences. Alex Jones, with his brute, loud-voiced paranoia, services a substantial minority subset of the conservative population whose only likely reactions to politics are anger or
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Tue, Jan 8 2013
  • Re: My hunch about libertarianism and AnCap

    You may be right, but that may not even be a good thing. It means those who have stuck with the libertarian message are increasingly radicalizing and leaving comparatively fewer conduits between the mainstream and the hard core.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sphairon on Fri, Jan 4 2013
  • Re: How Disgusting

    Moving into walled-off communities and hiring armed guards makes us feel safe. However, reading about school shootings makes us feel very unsafe! Hence, we demand that the little people hand in their guns so we can feel safe and good about our heroic efforts. And did anyone really expect that the person playing a ridiculous caricature of a libertarian
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sphairon on Sun, Dec 23 2012
  • Re: We are all racists now!

    [quote]When approaching issues such as progressive taxation, trade unions, welfare and economic regulation the libertarian will present all of these things as threats to individual liberty [...] All of these measures, in fact, can be regarded precisely in terms of the expansion of freedom – for employees, the poor, the unemployed and so on[/quote
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sphairon on Fri, Dec 21 2012
Page 1 of 86 (853 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options