  • Re: The Reminiscing Thread

    I remember GilesStratton (later hayekianxyz) turning from an Hoppean anarchist into a big-time statist. Inquisitor seeming like the most knowledgeable guy here, but leaving just after I came. Niccolò being a huge troll for Catholic anarchism. Brainpolice posting walls of text in every thread. Stranger being a shameless conservative and giving
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sphairon on Wed, Dec 12 2012
  • Re: Gender neutral toys and "Freedom is slavery"

    This is a very instructive article and I'm glad you linked it. It showcases very aptly why (serious) libertarianism and leftism won't get along; a true leftist will never rest until he can mold the world to fit his paradigms. Not even children's playtime is safe from their encroachments. It doesn't matter that their "gender = 100
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sphairon on Sun, Dec 9 2012
  • Why does the economy have to grow?

    Whenever I'm debating the merits of capitalism with someone, at some point, they usually bring up the "fixed resources vs unlimited growth" talking point. I usually respond to this by saying that a market economy could function perfectly well in an equilibrium scenario where we have a fixed, non-growing annual amount of resources to work
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sphairon on Sun, Dec 9 2012
  • Re: What do you think is next for Lyin' Ryan, Santorum, and Rand Paul?

    [quote user="thetabularasa"]and why, why, why are so many libertarians wanting a hereditary monarchy?![/quote] Because at least in American politics, family ties will get you far. You guys had a father and his son as presidents within less than 10 years, man. And after Bush II stepped down, you'd almost have gotten a husband-wife presidential
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sphairon on Mon, Dec 3 2012
  • Re: Comment on the Mises Institute Facebook Page

    It is pretty obvious that this person is trying their hardest to associate Mises et al with any bad word they can find. Your response was pretty good and similar to what I would've written, but the people running the Facebook page should simply delete such troll comments. Not because they should be afraid of "the truth", but because the
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Fri, Nov 30 2012
  • Privilege

    What does mises.org think about privilege in its sociological sense? Do you believe your belonging to a certain sex, race or class has given you advantages that members of other sexes, races or classes have not enjoyed? If so, how do you expect to fix this in a "voluntarist" way?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Sphairon on Thu, Nov 29 2012
  • Re: Libertarian/market anarchist solutions to human trafficking

    Isn't the main problem that the victims of human trafficking don't have their "documents" and hence can't comply with the identification requirements the state imposes to get anything done in this society, leaving only the handler as an institution to turn to?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Sphairon on Sun, Nov 18 2012
  • Re: Men & Women Salary Disparities

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]Consequently, any choice to make matters "fairer" is equally the result of predispositions and experiences, which the society cannot choose to make since its constituent members cannot mak them[/quote] At any given point in time, true. However, ideological movements (whose members may have arrived at their
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Mon, Nov 12 2012
  • Re: Men & Women Salary Disparities

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]Are you leaping from the notion that "society" influences a person's choices to the notion that it "makes them" for the individual?[/quote] I'm a determinist, so I consider an individual's choice to be the result of predispositions and experiences, neither of which the individual has
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Mon, Nov 12 2012
  • Re: Men & Women Salary Disparities

    [quote user="gotlucky"]You saw it here first, folks. Apparently women aren't capable of making their own decisions, so society has to do it for them.[/quote] Maybe you came out of the womb with a copy of "Man, Economy and State" and based all your decisions on rationally deduced axioms. Good for you, then. That's not how
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sphairon on Mon, Nov 12 2012
Page 2 of 86 (853 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options