  • Re: USDA Dietary Guidelines Worse Than Ever

    Phil... *headdesk* Please don't go down this pseudo-science rabbit hole. I've already seen it curb stomped on other sites. Just step back and accept that getting fat is the result of EATING TOO MUCH and not moving around enough.
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Tue, Sep 13 2011
  • Re: Liberals and Regulation

    Show your friend Jevon's paradox. The idea is pretty simple: assume that an improved use of a resource leads to reduced consumption of the resource. Illustrate by Supply and Demand curves how the improved use (efficiency) reduces the price of a good which increases the demand, therefore errodes all efficiencies and initially reduced consumption
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Sep 5 2011
  • Re: How can US companies compete against subsidized Chinese companies?

    Buy them up at the subsidized price, then resell it at a marginally higher price to make up on volume the same demand for the same goods. I believe Dupont did this in the 19th century in reaction to the German chemical cartels that were trying to flood the US market in reaction to his entrance to the EU/German markets.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Sep 5 2011
  • Human Innovation - Jonathan Zittrain

    I found this video to be quite interesting since it seems to show something about human labor that I didn't consider.
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Aug 22 2011
  • Re: Help me argue for a gold standard.

    Ummm, your logic doesn't follow to abolish money. It doesn't even back sense in any degree. Can you try again from a simpler basis as to why a private bank would want to charge a percentage for storage of gold?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ladyattis on Sat, Aug 20 2011
  • Re: Thoughts on Capitalism

    Do you realize that men like Hazlitt lived during the most significant change of technology and civilization? Of course, he had a sound basis for seeing the influence of rapid change. He was born in 1894, before there were heavier than air vehicles (planes), wide-spread use of cars, and mechanization of warfare. By the time he wrote his book, all of
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by ladyattis on Wed, Aug 17 2011
  • Re: Arguing With Statists

    The first (and only) rule of arguing with Statists is not to argue with Statists. I know that rule seems conflicted, but you have to understand that it's meant for two purposes. First, not to get your blood pressure overly high from stress when (not if) you encounter a statist. As often, statists will be the loudest SOBs in public, demanding others
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Tue, Aug 9 2011
  • Re: Don't buy Bitcoins (video)

    Yes, I don't own any gold or silver. It's a hedging commodity, not money in the modern sense or usage.
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Tue, Aug 9 2011
  • Re: Dominion Theology and Seven Mountains Prophesy.

    Why do I feel like this something out of a Warhammer 40k novel? I mean what's next; an Immortal Emperor representing Jesus on Earth?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Re: Don't buy Bitcoins (video)

    But here's the flipside. Banks are more convenient than bitcoin right now. You can't easily integrate bitcoin into your credit transactions or your bank account. People who are naive may think this is a boon because of them thar evil banksters, but the reality is that everyone here still gets paid in some fiat currency or barter. That means
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Aug 8 2011
Page 3 of 74 (740 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options