  • Re: Greenspan: Economy in 'once-in-a-century' crisis

    [quote user="Nitroadict"]I largely agree, but I am worried about Microsoft's increasing role in the video game industry (although, they did solve a bit of a problem concerning a good model for online gaming, one which I don't think Sony is going to be anymore successful at competing with then Nintendo has). [/quote] Oddly, MS'
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Re: Greenspan: Economy in 'once-in-a-century' crisis

    [quote]I'm afraid the video games industry will also eventually run into trouble despite how robust it has usually been.[/quote] Only in respect to the total devaluation of the funny money system we have today, but in regards to actual value in skilled artists, software designers, and managers we've seen an increase rather than a decrease as
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Greenspan: Economy in 'once-in-a-century' crisis

    Did this jerk use to be called the "Undertaker" by Rand? Oh wait, he decided to turn his back on some measure of economic (and general) common sense? Damn, I'm amazed this guy hasn't gotten death threats or a cream pie to the mug yet(a la Bill Gates). Sorry for getting rowdy, but I just can't stand idiots and disconnected (Greenspan
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Re: How I learned to love game pirates by Cliff Harris.

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]Are the prices too high? Then don't buy it, if that's your excuse.[/quote] I agree. I tend to buy my games through Steam because they do offer competitive pricing for many titles even after six months, or add to the value with packages of similar first release price (like a game plus its expansion). And technically
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Sat, Sep 13 2008
  • Re: How I learned to love game pirates by Cliff Harris.

    I agree with everyone here in respect to each general point made. Jon's point about the general loathsome attitude of entitlement toward games and other forms of software is what often even drives some F/OSS developers to give up as it isn't the lack of funds that go toward their projects, but rather the assholish attitude that some folks [be
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Sat, Sep 13 2008
  • How I learned to love game pirates by Cliff Harris.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/sep/11/games.piracy1 [quote]For the past three years I've been running a one-man games company from home, programming games and selling them direct to gamers all over the world. Over that three years I discovered that all of my games were being pirated and 'shared' online. It's pretty hard to
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Sat, Sep 13 2008
  • Re: The death of OPEC

    [quote user="Jon Irenicus"]Is it just me, by the way, or has this event received scant media attention?[/quote] Nope, not you. I didn't even see it on Digg nor on Google News feeds. This one is getting buried by someone who's heavily invested in the major news outlets for sure.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ladyattis on Sat, Sep 13 2008
  • Re: Individuals who have harmed the cause of liberty.

    [quote user="Nitroadict"]Nathaniel Branden as a victim of Ayn Rand's elitism[/quote] Not really. Old Branden was a "man whore" in many respects and had quite the history of playing women on of each other (Barbara against Ayn, and so on). Plus, he's a quack Freudian these days and espouses that homosexuality is 'bad'
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ladyattis on Sat, Sep 13 2008
  • Re: Devils advocate on the free market

    [quote user="eliotn"]In what way can the free market be bad?[/quote] There are two ways it can be 'bad.' 1. Each individual or set of individuals which make flawed or incorrect market decisions *will* fail. <reality-check> Okay, now of course, this isn't as 'bad' as it is as 'good' respect to the containment
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ladyattis on Thu, Sep 11 2008
  • Re: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac put in "government conservatorship"

    No clue, but I suspect it's those that orchastrated the bailout that stand to benefit. Sometimes having connections is more valuable than being in the black for some folks.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ladyattis on Mon, Sep 8 2008
Page 74 of 74 (740 items) « First ... < Previous 70 71 72 73 74 | More Search Options