  • Re: Keynesian Money Illusion: does it work?

    [quote user="RayLopez"]Notice none of the posters to date have refuted my points--which were backed by evidence.[/quote] You have made points in regards to 1. Say's Law and 2. The Money Illusion. When reading both forum threads from the side-line, as I have during the last few days, I can inform you that you have demonstrated one primary
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by corpus delicti on Mon, Apr 20 2009
  • Re: I do not believe in natural rights!

    [quote user="Daniel Waite"]Should I try again?[/quote] It all depends on the individual case. If a friend simply doesn't want to discuss a certain subject he/she will easily brush off any argument by saying "well, I feel differently". It is an obvious sign of someone not even caring where the dismissal of the argument leads:
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Tue, Dec 23 2008
  • Re: Justification for NAP

    I hope you don't mind it if I just answer you in this reply. We have had a similar discussion here (in case you hadn't noticed). You ended your reply to the other topic with the following words: [quote]Well, it is easy for me to discount survival on Earth because I believe in life after death. I know that is not a very fashionable belief system
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Mon, Dec 22 2008
  • Re: Justification for NAP

    [quote user="Charles Anthony"] [quote user="corpus delicti"] [quote user="JCFolsom"]Why should one not aggress against others if it is unambiguously to one's own benefit? I can certainly see why you'd want other people to follow such a code in relation to you, but you could be disingenuous in your own support for
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Mon, Dec 22 2008
  • Re: Why Ethical Imperatives are Impossible

    [quote user="Charles Anthony"] [quote user="Austroglide"]Our ultimate goal is survival.[/quote] Good for you but that is not my ultimate goal. My ultimate goal is to go to Heaven, to lead my family to Heaven and to leave my children with an easier life than I had. Going to Heaven takes priority over everything else. [/quote] [quote
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Mon, Dec 22 2008
  • Re: Anarchism and Due Process.

    [quote user="scineram"] Maybe I misunderstood your post. You said the state was not voluntary. I thought you were trying to argue against the state. [/quote] But it isn't voluntary. How would you define voluntary ? If a minority wouldn't want the state it would still be there nonetheless. Secession is illegal everywhere in case you
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Sun, Dec 21 2008
  • Re: Justification for NAP

    [quote user="scineram"] [quote user="corpus delicti"]They just rationally argue how certain means are inconducive towards the survival of the individual, i.e. the ultimate end of the individual.[/quote] But, but, but this is where it falls apart, it is not. Even if it were, it would not imply the NAP. [/quote] Saddle down, please
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Sun, Dec 21 2008
  • Re: Anarchism and Due Process.

    [quote user="scineram"]You did if this is an argument against the state.[/quote] A chronology of how states have come about cannot be an argument for or against the state. Franz Oppenheimer didn't seem to be in favour of dismantling it. He was a kind of social liberal. This doesn't take anything away from the facts cited in his book
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Sun, Dec 21 2008
  • Re: Anarchism and Due Process.

    [quote user="nibbler491"]Can't an anarchist society degenerate into a statist society, just as it has done in the past?[/quote] Yes. [quote user="nibbler491"]Basically, are governments inevitable?[/quote] Probably.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Sun, Dec 21 2008
  • Re: Justification for NAP

    [quote user="JCFolsom"]I find myself wondering what requirement there is for anything but ethical egoism.[/quote] What is the requirement for ethical egoism then? It seems to me that the existance of the term ethical egoism is due to a lack of any requirements. [quote user="JCFolsom"]I have heard and believed many things about ways
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by corpus delicti on Sun, Dec 21 2008
Page 1 of 10 (91 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options