  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    Unfortunately I'm still not sure how to do the quote function. But I am responding to Steph's comments. I guess my point is that it might be benficial for this site to expound upond the nonrelation between race/economic station and political view. Of course, historically, it is not coincidental that certain races have come to be dominant in
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    I'm willing to accept your assertions, generally, Sukrith Sabhlok . I'm not sure I buy the idea that libertarian thinkers are objectively more advanced or diverse in their ability to think (i.e. thinking outside the box). I certainly would assume this is a generalization that you assume but do not have adequate support for. I'm not particularly
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    I hope somebody other than 'capital pumper' responds to my posts
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    I guess my answer to "so?" is that if you have any interest in these ideas spreading, you may need to make clear the idea that old white guys tend to flock to this idea not because it benefits old white guys, but for some other reason. I don't think it helps the cause of this site, in courting the general interest, that all the writers
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    It is very meaningful to hear that message, Prashanth Perumal. I didn't expect this topic to be sent to the thread graveyard, but i nonetheless think the content is relevant. What you are saying is, in my mind, an evident outgrowth of what I was saying. My cultural upbringing is that I am, relatively, economically privileged and also socially exposed
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    I should also add that my criticism, which has racial and qualitatively subjective (douchey?) undertones, is important, at least in my mind. If the goal is to spread the cause, within the nation (USA) or globally, i think it is relevant to at least address the idea that most of the contributors to this site are white males. I suppose my comment that
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    i thought you were joking about moving my topic to the graveyard, but it seems not. I hoped for a more refined sense of humor on this board, but I guess that was optimistic.
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: All the writers on this site are old, white males

    I am referring mostly to the writers I see on the mises blog, which is the content that I frequent. I am not aware of the current support of Austrain/libertarian ideas among Indians. I should be clear in stating that I am very hapy to accept my own ignorance in this area. I am both young, and new to the ideas of both Austrain economics and libertariansism
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • All the writers on this site are old, white males

    Does it concern anyone here that all the contributors to this site seem to be old, white, vageuly douchey looking males? I'm honestly not offering a criticism, merely an observation. It is curious to me that the goals of libertarianism seem to be exclusively or predominately extolled among white males (or at least white people). Is this assumed
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Josh on Thu, Aug 27 2009
  • Re: The Revenge of Karl Marx by Christopher Hitchens

    I find Hitchens most useful as a journalist as a historian. He knows so much about so many things, and can put a human context, with references to myriad real events and people, on a lot of issues. He is not an economist, as this article demonstrates. But I won't begrudge him that because I like so much of his work.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Josh on Tue, Aug 25 2009
Page 1 of 3 (27 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options