  • Re: Friedman and Political-Economic Freedom

    Other claim that only economic freedom matters, without emphasizing civil liberties. If we are economically free why Libertarians support freedom in general? If we can find happiness/prosperity with economic freedom, we do not need civil liberties. Is that true?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Sun, Apr 7 2013
  • Re: Asking about Nazi Germany Economy

    - Nowadays, in the era of globalization, would Nazi economy remain competitive? - What drawbacks, what would happen in a country with such economic policies and what would be the results, keeping in mind the globalization, the increased global competition etc.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sun, Apr 7 2013
  • Asking about Nazi Germany Economy

    Many critics admire the economic policies of Nazi Germany. They claim that Germans were prosperous during this period. What was the system back then? Corporatism? Subsidies? Licensing? High tariffs? High taxation? a. Can you inform me about the economy of Nazi Germany, please? b. Assuming that indeed Germans were prosperous then, why would you oppose
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Re: Friedman and Political-Economic Freedom

    A government that does not allow me to criticize or replace them, inevitably will restrict my economic freedom. Because in real word, such governments are communists, left wing fascists, right wing fascists, nationalists, military juntas etc. These governments will ban the trade of products that express different/oppossing messages, values, opinions
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Re: Friedman and Political-Economic Freedom

    ok, ignore this and concentrate just on the right of freedom of expression that Greeks still have.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Specific points in Greek Crisis

    Greece has a huge public sector which is maintained in the expense of private sector. The government did not fire almost anyone from the public sector the last 3 years. Neither privatizations have been accomplished. The official unemployment is almost 30% all from private sector. However, some critics say that we should not fire public servants because
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Prosperity Factors

    Since I am ignorant in Economics, what are the factors that contribute to the prosperity? Is GDP? Prices? What else?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Prosperity and Economic Freedom

    Libertarians say that economic freedom is prerequisite for prosperity. Hong kong is currently the most economically free country. http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking However, it is demonstrated as the 18th country in prosperity index. http://www.prosperity.com/Ranking.aspx a. Why? Shouldn't it 1st in prosperity index? What are the factors that
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Re: Friedman and Political-Economic Freedom

    Can you explain me something? Libertarians claim that the more economic freedom the more political freedom. Thus, decline in econ. freedom leads to restriction in political freedom. Here, in Greece, government has restricted economic freedom extremely the last 3 years. High taxation, red tape, high social security costs etc.. But people, are still politically
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Does Nationalism leads to Fascism and Protectionism?

    Hello everyone! My question is how nationalism leads to fascism? What policies a nationalist government will implement ? Is it certain that a nationalist will behave as a fascist? Isn't possible that a nationalist will hold his opinions only in theory? Moreover, I would appreciate it if you could help me understand the connection of a nationalist
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LandJ on Fri, Apr 5 2013
Page 2 of 8 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options