Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Thomas Sowell: Uncommon Knowledge interviews

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Wed, Feb 23 2011 1:03 PM

I was reminded of these in a recent discussion here, so I figured I would share the playlist.  This is 3.5 hours worth of content, as each interview is roughly 35 minutes, but all are excellent, and you have probably seen various cuts from some of them floating around YouTube.  Make the time and watch them when you can.  They are in chronological order.

Thomas Sowell: Uncommon Knowledge

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 917
Points 17,505

Sowell is great when he's not being crazy on war and the cops.

The government can't run our schools, we should let them decide who lives and dies!

lolz conservatards.

I will break in the doors of hell and smash the bolts; there will be confusion of people, those above with those from the lower depths. I shall bring up the dead to eat food like the living; and the hosts of dead will outnumber the living.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,365
Points 30,945

A clever blogger once quoted Sowell as saying that a man could be intelligent but an utter idiot when talking outside his area of expertise and then quoted a few choice statements of Sowell on foreign policy. The only comment the blogger gave was that perhaps Sowell should apply his advice to himself.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 198
Points 3,100
jay replied on Fri, Feb 25 2011 11:51 AM

"an utter idiot when talking outside his area of expertise"

This goes for everyone, not just Sowell (please see Sagan, et al).

"The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -C.S. Lewis
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS