Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ron Paul Special Announcement

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515
Aristophanes Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:01 AM

Ron Paul Special Announcement. - Tue, Sep 4, 11:35 PM - Thu, Sep 6, 12:35 AM EDT on the Jay Leno show...

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

the inevitable speculation begins...three days until we know.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 183
Points 3,740

They treated him like garbage at the RNC convention. He may be wanting revenge and tear up the GOP as much as possible.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 1:43 PM

I think it's much too late for a Presidential run and I doubt he'd accept a veep nomination from the Libertarians. My guess - particulalry given the venue he's making the announcement - is that he has gotten a slot hosting a TV show.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

he has gotten a slot hosting a TV show.

My thoughts exactly.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 496
Points 8,945

i dont know about a tv show.   He's going on an NBC show to announce a tv show with another network (because it would be a million years before NBC gives him a show).

i've always thought his intentions was to go on the libertarian ticket just the swarm of support he was receiving prevented it and required him to take the run all the way to tampa.  I think this 'announcement' has to be directly related to the presidency, either vp for gary, or gary move to vp and paul for president, or endorsement of gary.  Its the only thing that would explain his stopping his campaign.  Save money and make a shocking return. Could just be wishful thinking 

Eat the apple, fuck the Corps. I don't work for you no more!
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Points 1,135

(because it would be a million years before NBC gives him a show).

I don't know. It would pull some of the Fox News viewers.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

I feel like a reporter asked him what he wanted to do after he retired and if he didn't win the nomination and he said that he'd like to continue to educate people.  "Maybe a TV show" was his response.

I'm not sure, but a late night show isn';t a "presidential" forum.  Although he could be endorsing some no name candidate?

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 197
Points 3,920

He's going to endorse Romney

trollface.jpg

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

He's going to endorse Romney

trollface.jpg

He will destroy all of our credibility it if he does that.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:59 PM
...our...
collectivist. O.o
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

...our...
collectivist. O.o

Oh I so am.  We are the same.  Everyone is. ......

Here are some things for consideration:

Ron Paul washes his hands of the GOP (8/28)

Ron Paul: "Put me down as undecided." (8/31) - He tells Cavuto that if he did something that his backers thought was inconsistent then he would lose credibility. Ha.  Probably no Romney endorsement.

Here is a poll of what some other people think: Poll

A third party run. (45%, 538 Votes)

An endorsement of Gary Johnson. (37%, 442 Votes)

No. Time to relax! (16%, 194 Votes)

A new educational project. (11%, 127 Votes)

It was all a joke, he's really a neocon. (Endorses Romney) (1%, 18 Votes)

I voted for endorse johnson.  I don't have any evidence for that either (if you watch the cavuto interview he does fluster a bit when cavuto asks him if he'll endorse johnson), but that is the most realistic for some reason...

If Ron Paul did run with Johnson it would be with the intention of taking votes from the Republicans.  I think that, if they took a significant number of GOP votes, it may crumble the public image of the GOP.  It may make it look as if the LP is growing at the cost of the GOP.  And maybe this is what Paul means when he refers to his endevaours as an "ideological revolution."  Maybe he is willing to sink the GOP and try to bring the LP into the fold.  There is no better way to promote a new party than to encourage all of the discouraged people to show the country that the GOP isn't that popular and that no one really does like Romney or Ryan.  (Seriously, Paul Ryan?  He's such a douche.)

I'll hope that he and Johnson will run together.  I can't imagine that Johnson would call Paul and say, "Hey, I know that I'm running for President and you aren't, but do you want  to take my place and I'll maybe be your VP?"  I think it is equally unrealistic to think that Paul would jump at being the VP nominee for someone who I have never ever ever ever heard Paul mention, let alone speak highly of.  I also think that the RNC and DNC will not allow the LP to participate in the debates.

But, alas, it just occured to me that he might be starting some kind of education foundation.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:56 PM
He would waste his time running or actually be killed. The illuminati have chisen romney and if he runs he would take too many votes frm romney for romney to win credibly, therefore obama wins or the election process is exposed as a sham. The planners want to fire obama because they dont need him anymore and he abused the discretion he was afforded as pres. I hope he has a tv show.
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

He may be wanting revenge and tear up the GOP as much as possible.

I don't think that that is something he would do. 

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

He could never get a truly educational spot on TV because of the FCC, the Press Secretary, and the CIA.

What he should do is start a movement to restore the Articles of Confederation or to start a totally stateless society while exposing the U.S Articles of Federal Republic... it's the only hope for civilization because he won't run as an independent.  The U.S. Federalist Constitution has put the world in chains for more than 200 years, ever since it was ratified.

That said, I think Dr. Paul's dabble in electoral politics got people educated as much as Dr. Rothbard did as an educator and the former will probably be the Last Good U.S. Congressman and definitely the most libertarian member of Lincoln's Party ever. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 11,575
cab21 replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:49 PM

i have not heard paul advocate for the aoc rather than the constitution.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/artconf.asp

paul wants 9 states to be sufficiant?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 496
Points 8,945

bump as a friendly reminder.  Though i heard today that Ron Paul 'will not be endorsing gary johnson'.  So who knows.

Eat the apple, fuck the Corps. I don't work for you no more!
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

"There is no announcement.  It is just an interview." - The Benton.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS