Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

"Rights that aren't"

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:18 PM

Rights That Aren’t

Or, “why a misformulation of Constitutional rights has restricted, rather than liberated, the natural rights of man”

Initially, the Founders formulated to Constitution not to delineate the rights of the individual, but to restrict the powers of government. Soon thereafter, it was decided that the Constitution indeed needed to list some individual rights, so greedy was government for power. Hence, the Bill of Rights promised the American public a certain set of rights. Unfortunately, this was a hodge-podge solution that failed to address the fundamental reasons behind those rights – the right to your body and property [1]. Moreover, the misunderstanding of these rights has led to supposedly pro-liberty people taking on some very strange positions. I address a few of these rights here and hope the reader can apply the logic elsewhere.

It seems like this article is all the rage on the internet. You should really check it out so that you don't fall behind on the coolest trends.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

It seems like this article is all the rage on the internet. You should really check it out so that you don't fall behind on the coolest trends.

Lol 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 470
Points 7,025
Vitor replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:51 AM

Pretty good text actually. Libertarianism in a nutshell

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987