Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ron Paul and the Fed

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 183
Points 3,245
Rooster Posted: Fri, Jan 4 2008 8:58 PM

Hey guys, first post here. I was wondering about something, why do you think Ron Paul's supporters are apparently so receptive to his message about the Fed? Just like Brian Doherty was (see this piece), I am very surprised that this is one of his biggest applause lines. I have to assume the number of supporters who really understand the issue is relatively small. My guess is they are just associating the Fed with financial and economic problems in general and taking guidance from Paul on the issue, but I don't know.

I personally think he puts too much emphasis on the costs of inflation and the Fed during his interviews and speeches at the expense of other issues, but hey what do I know?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 91
Points 1,775
Paul Grad replied on Fri, Jan 4 2008 10:31 PM

I disagree that "he puts too much emphasis on the costs of inflation and the Fed". This is one of the key issues in the campaign, and will grow in significance as more and more Americans are destroyed by inflation.  As prices in the supermarkets soar, the anger of the public will soar, and then they will recall that Dr. Paul has been hammering on this issue for the length of the campaign (and the last 30 years). Inflation destroyed Carter's credibility and it will destroy all those collectivists who are running against Dr. Paul. The Fed is destroying the dollar to bail out the interests of stockowners at the expense of savers. Dr. Paul is defending savers. Who will win? Dr. Paul and the Bond-market shorts, the best friends the American public has.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS