Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • What Austrian economics books do you reccomend for a beginner?

    I'm relatively new to researching economics, so I guess you could say I'm a beginner in my understanding of economics. I've been a libertarian for a couple of years, but I'm only in high school, so my knowledge is somewhat limited. So far I've read The Revolution by Ron Paul, Economics...
    Posted to General (Forum) by chuckduck764 on Fri, May 11 2012
  • Re: Internet Bubble - Caused by Government?

    [quote] Was the famous internet tech bubble caused directly by government/central banking?[/quote] Yes. The question is which way it caused it. The Rothbardians think that it, and all other economic crises at all times with no effort to check the actual facts, was caused by the Federal Reserve inflating...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Kaz on Mon, Jan 3 2011
  • Inspiration for Master Thesis Topic - Thorsten Polleit - Monetary Economics

    Hey all, I will be about to write my master thesis with Thorsten Polleit as first corrector. His page on mises.org: http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=793 Do you have any inspiration for us regarding an interesting topic that is worth to be investigated? Best regards Alex
    Posted to General (Forum) by tschyross on Sat, Oct 9 2010
  • Re: Spot the error

    Fri. 10/04/23 18:31 EDT . post #63 [quote user="E. R. Olovetto"] I think he's saying that it is "moving money out of risky investments and putting the money into banks", because banks aren't safe investments.[/quote]haha! That's not it, but it's a good point. I totally...
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • Libertarian/AC Independent Film looking for Online Marketing Manager

    Our studio is making a feature-length movie called Silver Circle. It's a thriller-romance story set in a 2019 economic disaster - and the rebels fighting back against the fed. Think V for Vendetta meets Rothbard's Case against the Fed. Over the next year we will be doing heavy social networking...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Pasha Roberts on Wed, Feb 10 2010
  • Re: Austrian & Keynesian Theories Vs. Mathematical Facts

    Hello Lilburne, Thanks for responding. Let me take a satb as answering your questions: "No. Let's say you borrow that money from me. Over the course of the year, you do work for me for which I offer you a $60 salary. On the last day of the year, I don't pay you the $60 in gold; I just deduct...
    Posted to General (Forum) by DrKrbyLuv on Sun, Nov 8 2009
  • Austrian & Keynesian Theories Vs. Mathematical Facts

    George Orwell’s classic 1984 describes “doublethink” as holding two contradictory beliefs simultaneously and accepting both. To do so denies the existence of objective reality. A good example is the belief in economic theories that contradict mathematical facts. Both Austrian and Keynesian...
    Posted to General (Forum) by DrKrbyLuv on Sun, Nov 8 2009
  • Re: A big Fed misconception

    I believe the issue is to the ownership and control of the Fed. It has clearly been granted a monopoly status by Title 12 and the BOG has isolated itself from any identified source of control, including Congress, the President (except to appoint a Governor from a preapproved list), and the GAO. And the...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Olde Reb on Mon, Jun 8 2009
  • Re: A big Fed misconception

    The following paragraphs should have been in the above posting: I believe Ed Griffin’s CREATURE FROM JEKYLL ISLAND (available online) and Eustace Mullins’ SECRETS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE (ebook available) contain allegations of private ownership of the BOG that can only be dispersed by a detailed...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Olde Reb on Mon, Jun 8 2009
  • Re: A big Fed misconception

    You ask the question: “Is the Federal Reserve privately owned or a government agency?” You must identify what part of the Fed you are talking about. If you are talking about the twelve regional FR Banks, they are normally construed to be, and have been adjudicated to be, privately owned....
    Posted to General (Forum) by Olde Reb on Mon, Jun 8 2009
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >