Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Can I send in a book to www.mises.org?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
457 Posts
Points 14,505
SilentXtarian posted on Mon, Oct 5 2009 9:31 PM

I'm working on a book to help people get past the traditional way of looking at politics.  That is, I'm working on a book to help people get past this false illusory system of left and the right.  When I finish it... which probably won't be for a while could I send that to www.mises.org?  I was wondering that since you can send your audio lectures and your audio books in if you could send your own written work too. 

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
Male
390 Posts
Points 7,705

Mail the editor of this site, Mr. Jeffrey Tucker.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
4,850 Posts
Points 85,810

I would like to hear more about how the left and right are illusions.

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
457 Posts
Points 14,505

Is it okay if the book has somewhat of a conspiracyish slant to it?  I won't be going into the conspiracies like I thought I would at first.  I want to write just somewhat of an intro to lies and falsehoods of things said by politicians.  Maybe it would help wake some people up... but like I want to do an analysis of the MSM and that kind of thing.  Would that be an appropriate topic for www.mises.org?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
836 Posts
Points 15,370

I can understand why the Mises instiute may shy away a little from some of the things that conspiracy theorists and folk say, though Rothbard himself was fairly clear on the subject:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard170.html

"When the King is far the people are happy."  Chinese proverb

For Alexander Zinoviev and the free market there is a shared delight:

"Where there are problems there is life."

Not Ranked
31 Posts
Points 740

I was wondering the same thing. I could not find anywhere on the site that mentioned anything about getting things published by the Mises Institute.

I am currently finishing a book called Freedom to Give: The Biblical Truth About Tithing, which I am trying to get published through a traditional avenue. If I am unsuccessful there, I will resort to self publishing.

I am beginning to lay the groundwork for a book tentatively titled God's Free Market: A Biblical Defense of Liberty and Capitalism, which I would ultimately like to get the Mises Institute to publish.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS