Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mündliche Prüfung

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 96
Points 1,705
pazlenchantinrocks Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2008 2:08 AM

For the love of god someone out there must have some insight on this!  This has been bothering me for quite some time now, but I just can't seem to find out more information on it but the basics found on mises.org.  I will attempt to be ready for anything when I get to Mises U, but I just don't know in which direction I should head.  HELP!!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,205
Points 20,670
JAlanKatz replied on Thu, Jan 24 2008 8:42 AM
Here's a simple guide: Start with Man, Economy, and State, using Murphy's study guide Then read Human Action, then Epistemological Problems, and Rothbard's History of the Austrian School Once you've done that, look over the MIses U schedule and figure out what types of sessions you'd be likely to attend for the multiple - choice sessions. Then read things related to them. FYI, I never took the test, I'm just saying what sounds logical to me. If someone offers advice who has actually taken it, listen to them.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Thu, Jan 24 2008 11:25 AM

It's a good experience to take even if you don't pass. About half do not actually. But that's ok. It takes some bravery to step forward and do it. 

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 176
Points 2,330
Jackson replied on Thu, Jan 24 2008 12:38 PM

what is your fascination with graduating with honors?

just educate yourself about the subjects that interest you and attend seminars you think you would be beneficial.

it's not like having an honors certificate from the institute is going to up your street cred against the keynesians...or make you a better austrian. 

Not Ranked
Posts 96
Points 1,705

jtucker:

It's a good experience to take even if you don't pass. About half do not actually. But that's ok. It takes some bravery to step forward and do it. 

Bravery is not a problem.  It's my knowledge I'm concerned about. Big Smile 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 96
Points 1,705

Jackson:

what is your fascination with graduating with honors?

just educate yourself about the subjects that interest you and attend seminars you think you would be beneficial.

it's not like having an honors certificate from the institute is going to up your street cred against the keynesians...or make you a better austrian. 

If I'm going to attempt to do something, I'm going to attempt to do it right.  As a matter of fact I'm aiming to be the best.  If I don't pull it off, so be it!  Essentially nothing but good can come from my efforts, honors or not.  I'm doing this for ME.  I want to prove to myself that I can do it.  Besides, I think that certificate would look really good on my wall.  There aren't very many opportunities in the world like this one and I'm going to take it, win or lose.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS