Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
Natalie Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the Mises online community. I am not however, new to the ideas of Austrian economics. I am currently reading End the Fed-by Ron Paul and then moving on to Road to Serfdom-by  Friedrich A. Hayek. I would love to hear about your favorite books or suggestions. 

-Natalie

Natalie 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,205
Points 20,670
JAlanKatz replied on Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:55 PM

First!

Ok, I don't have any particularly creative suggestions, but I always suggest either Man, Economy, and State or Human Action, depending on your tastes.  My own interests run in particular directions, so I enjoy Butler Shaeffer and Israel Kirzner, but that's just me.  What are your other interests besides liberty and Austrian thought?  WIth that information, it's sometimes easier to make suggestions.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
Natalie replied on Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:12 PM

Right now I am currently interested in Walter Block for two reasons. I like his work on the privatization of roads and highways and also his ideas on the economic incentives of organ donation. Any ideas or suggestions you can give me on those two subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Natalie 

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 516
Points 7,190
bbnet replied on Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:46 PM

You might enjoy:

No Treason - The Constitution Of No Authority

By Lysander Spooner 

We are the soldiers for righteousness
And we are not sent here by the politicians you drink with - L. Dube, rip

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,113
Points 60,515
Esuric replied on Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:48 PM

Prices and Production and Other Works by Hayek. It's usually over-looked by Austrians without Phd's.

"If we wish to preserve a free society, it is essential that we recognize that the desirability of a particular object is not sufficient justification for the use of coercion."

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Natalie:

Right now I am currently interested in Walter Block for two reasons. I like his work on the privatization of roads and highways and also his ideas on the economic incentives of organ donation. Any ideas or suggestions you can give me on those two subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Here is Defending the Undefendable by Walter Block: http://mises.org/books/defending.pdf

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS