Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Refutations of The Austrian Business Cycle/Austrian Economics

This post has 283 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,105
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I can't believe that someone can't believe that some people seriously believe in 'natural rights' like Rothbard

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I can't believe that you can't that someone can't believe that some people seriously believe in 'natural rights' like Rothbard. :D

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,415
Points 56,650
filc replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 3:35 PM

Daniel Muffinburg:
I can't believe that you can't that someone can't believe that some people seriously believe in 'natural rights' like Rothbard. :D

Red Herring and you know it! And besides I truly don't understand that you don't understand that some people can't believe that you don't believe that  Rothbard seriously believed in 'natural rights'. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 230

If I may...

3. Why would entrepreneurs make stupid investments? It's so crazy! Even having more credit doesn't mean they need to run and make long-term investments.

ABCT posits that while credit expansion makes it easier for entrepreneurs to begin more investment projects, the quantity of physical goods (tractors, bulldozers, etc.) in existence does not increase. Therefore, not all of these new investment projects can be completed. See Mises' example of a master builder who thinks he has 20% more bricks than he actually does.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 8 of 8 (284 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS