Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Another sign of authoritarian government enforcing IP

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 253
Points 4,535
Mark B. Posted: Fri, Jul 16 2010 4:15 PM

http://www.tvshack.net/index.html

If you were to go to the above address or several other related addresses, you would find the heavy handed and arrogant message from the Federal Government that they have seized the site.

But in this case, over 70,000 blogs were taken down also, in one fell swoop.  70,000 voices silenced by the jack boots of the Federal Government.

If I hadn't already moved to the Anarcho-Capitalist camp, that certainly would have been the final straw, and I hope it IS the final straw for some people.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,956
Points 56,800
bloomj31 replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 4:32 PM

Link (about the closed blogs?)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 253
Points 4,535
Mark B. replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 5:06 PM

http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-authorities-shut-down-wordpress-host-with-73000-blogs-100716/

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,956
Points 56,800
bloomj31 replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 5:09 PM

Thanks, I'm interested to see what comes of this.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 7,120
thelion replied on Fri, Jul 16 2010 5:43 PM

So what if Domain Names are seized? They just make things look pretty.

Find the IP address of the site to browse and use that instead to access it.

True censorship requires seizing of servers.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS