Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Looking for good newbie videos under 20 minutes

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 383
Points 8,775
Sukrit Posted: Wed, Sep 15 2010 1:13 AM

I'm starting a libertarian club at my university in Australia. If anyone could link me to a place where I can download good newbie videos under 20 minutes, I'll upload it to the facebook group for our club. It shouldn't be copyright restricted material or anything like that. Thanks

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:50 AM

Well, from my side, I would suggest stefbot videos (look on YouTube, search from screaming titles, hehe). It's perfectly good introduction (in my opinion, of course) to anarchist moral philosophy. You won't get good economy lessons, though (in that case I am newbie too and still read a lot of different books/essays). But from moral standpoint and just anarchism in general - he is the best.

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 177
Points 2,860
Naevius replied on Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:00 AM

I agree with MaikU on the recommendation of Stefbot's videos. I also recommend this video called "The Philosophy of Liberty": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muHg86Mys7I

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 39
Points 535
MPP replied on Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:15 AM

Good call, Brian.

Sukrit, some longer videos which i also like quite a bit are Friedman's Freedom to Choose series. they are about an hour each, but very informative and interesting. Perhaps mention this to them so they could look it up on their own free time?

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYbuuf5fnck

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS