Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Will the dollar strengthens once more

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615
rosstaylor posted on Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:42 AM

in 2008, despite the pessimism, the dollar rise while the other currencies fall. 

Does anyone think that can happen again? 

• | Post Points: 125

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615

Thank you, that is a very useful site. 76 sounds about right, and I actually do believe that the dollar will rally in the next few months or so. Which banks are you bullish on? I agree, the banks cannot lose. Anyhow, I do have another finance related question, which I will be posting very soon. Don't forget to check it out and comment.

By the way, you should accept friends' request! :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
163 Posts
Points 5,275
Suggested by djussila

In times of downturn, investors always thought the Dollar was safe. People still think that, and that is why when the market goes south the dollar (usually) goes up. But times are changing, so over time I expect the dollar to ultimately fall with small unimportant rises along the way.    

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615

I agree with you on the long term horizon, the dollar will ultimately fall (1-2 years at best I think). Still, I don't think the 2008 rise of the dollar was insignificant. Do you foresee such rise for the dollar again in the near future? (trying to get an consensus going). 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS