Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Underground Media Thread

This post has 22 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,592
Points 63,685
Sieben Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2010 9:28 PM

Post your favorite youtubes or audio clips that you don't think anyone else has seen. So don't post anything from mises' youtube account. It's all accessible. I want the really heterodox radical stuff. Smart people, new ideas, whatever.

In return for your contributions, here are some of mine.

Seasteading - pretty "mainstream" in our circle, but I don't see it thrown around a lot.

Hobbesian Anarchy

Ben Powell on World Bank Policy

Banned
  • | Post Points: 190
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 9:46 PM

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 9:56 PM

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,592
Points 63,685
Sieben replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:12 PM

Nice.

Banned
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

Good thread idea.

I've posted this one before, but:

(Part I)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 430
Points 8,145

That's an incredible video. Not that I agree with everything he says, but he certainly is very charismatic.

Ironically, though, if he did get elected, it would be by the majority.

“Remove justice,” St. Augustine asks, “and what are kingdoms but gangs of criminals on a large scale? What are criminal gangs but petty kingdoms?”
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 247
Points 4,415

Good stuff guys keep it rolling! I don't have much to offer myself as I am still new to a lot of this stuff I'm just trying to catch up with the basics. The slightest thing I can remember was back when I used to like underground hardstyle electronic music (now I like softer progressive house) there was a song and it's only lyrics were as follows:

"You live in a fabricated world. 
Regulated by complex laws.
Controlled by national governments.
Governments restrained by international authorities,
Watched by enforcers that are controlled.
Controlled by controllers that ironically enough
Are also controlled."

Link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yqPp2zaLCE, but beware this is really heavy electronic music, lots of banging.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 60
Points 825

you tube "Eating Media Lunch E204 Part 2 - Craziest Cameraman:

and the "UnAuthorised history of New Zealand"

has my fav new zealand libertrian hes not part of any pol party now never been in goverment but has taken down one political party nz first and the government in 1984 both with very sly moves.any way hes all class a real funny guy hes on "eating media lunch" all the time and the"UnAuthorised history of New Zealand" nz tv shows.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 60
Points 825

oh his name is sir bob jones

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 247
Points 4,415

Just saw "Craziest Cameraman".. Hah good stuff!

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 60
Points 825
s burgess replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 12:51 AM

sir bob jones is class aye.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 345
Points 7,035
Jesse replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 1:05 AM

I Samuel 8

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 80
Points 1,530

Well, there's this guy. And his book on what he calls "anti-statism". 

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 209
Points 3,595

Here is David Deangelo, a dating guru. If you have seen the movie Hitch, it might as well have been based off of his life. His programs are really about learning psychology. I got into him after talking to some beautiful women years ago at college and after seeing them get bored and leave I admitted that I need to learn how to communicate with women better. I found his website - http://www.doubleyourdating.com - after reading tons of junk on the internet but his stuff just felt right. My life has improved tremendously since then.

Now, if your one of those guys who thinks that he is too macho to need any advice on women, then here is a test. In the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, John Gray says that when you are with your woman you could "offer to build her a fire." Question: Do you see anything wrong with "offering" to build her a fire? No? Then I'm sorry to inform you but you have an inner-wuss inside of you that needs to be evicted. You need to kill the boy. Don't feel bad though, it's society's fault for the same reason why it's society's fault for having never exposed you to libertarianism from an early age.

What would a man do in that situation? He would see that a fire would improve things, and so he takes action and announces what he is going to do, not asking for persmission or justification beforehand. A wuss might respond, "But...but... what if she doesn't want a fire?!?!" Well then she will object when you announce it. But don't then ask her what she would rather have instead. Ever notice how women get annoyed when they are about to get one of two things for you and they ask which one you would rather have and you respond by saying that you don't care either way? They want you to be a man and make decisions and lead!

It is kind of like if you are going to take your woman out for dinner. Don't ask her where she wants to go, announce that you are going to Wang's Chinese restraunt. If she says she doesn't feel like Chinese, then say that's fine, we'll go to Juan's Mexican instead. But dont ask her what she would rather do. Lead! Action makes the man!

Understand that spreading this stuff will literally change the world for the better if guys start learning about it and unlearn all of the BS that society and the media instill into them as to what it means to be a man. Besides men improving themselves and their maturity, it would mean no more b*tches, teases, or forever immature women. Why? Because when guys first learn about this stuff, their standard for what they want in a woman literally skyrockets. Nonsense they used to put-up with is cast aside forever. They start calling women out when they behave immaturely and they don't worry about "whether she likes me or not" because of it. It's like a new path is opened up to them. An invisible wall has been knocked down. I myself can attest to this.

I could talk about this stuff all day but I'll just add one last piece of understanding for those who decide to geek out on this stuff. Working on yourself (inner-game) is way more important than learning techniques (outer-game). You see, inner game is long term. Outer is just a short-term crutch without it. Woman will sniff out your inner wuss no matter how good you think you are at hiding it with some new pick-up line or whatever. Therefore, make sure you go through his e-book and advanced series, then watch Become a Man (posted below, but the seven parts posted are nowhere near the entire program) and Become Mr. Right. Become Mr. Right is important to watch because it gives a whole new perspective on what relationships are all about, and what it means to be a leader in the community and ways in which you can better the world around you. It takes you out of self-centered thinking on just improving yourself and teaches how and why you need to improve the world. It gave me a huge appreciation for how relationships fit into all that and a greater appreciation for women in general. It puts all of David DeAngelo's other material into the corret perspective. Just so you don't think I'm being paid for saying this or something, know that torrents like piratebay have much of it for download, and I just wanted to share it because of how much I wish I had learned about it earlier.

Here is another guru Neil Strauss talking about his book The Game. The Game is an interesting autobiography about how he came to learn and master all of this stuff himself but he doesn't explain much about what to do. His later book Rules of the Game which I haven't read yet goes into detail on that.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6549619297687991787#

Check out my video, Ron Paul vs Lincoln! And share my PowerPoint with your favorite neo-con
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,189
Points 22,990

^What does picking up women have to do with austrian economics, anarchy or libertarianism?

" it would mean no more b*tches, teases, or forever immature women. Why? Because when guys first learn about this stuff, their standard for what they want in a woman literally skyrockets. Nonsense they used to put-up with is cast aside forever. "

^I agree with this somewhat. I feel like if most men learned how to attract women, we'd see women rising to more general standards of honesty, and less of an actual "game".

Freedom has always been the only route to progress.

Post Neo-Left Libertarian Manifesto (PNL lib)
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 796
Points 14,585

From Nielsio's video:

"If I get elected, they will be terrified. If I am elected, I myself will be terrified."

LOL!

"I cannot prove, but am prepared to affirm, that if you take care of clarity in reasoning, most good causes will take care of themselves, while some bad ones are taken care of as a matter of course." -Anthony de Jasay

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 209
Points 3,595

Libertyandlife:

^What does picking up women have to do with austrian economics, anarchy or libertarianism?

The OP stated that he was looking for "Smart people, new ideas, whatever." He didn't specify that it had to be about economics. But to appease your curiosity, I will contend that it is about those things. It is about economics, which Robert P. Murphy defined "in it's widest scope as the study of exchanges." If you watch the above videos, they will allow you to come up with the most profit-maximizing relationship exchanges possible for both parties. Furthermore, they will increase your demand among women while keeping supply constant. It is related to anarchy because we will still need to date in an anarchy. And it is related to libertarianism because we can study ways in which the non-agression principle applies to relationships, not just in a physical sense but in a verbal or emotional sense as well.

Check out my video, Ron Paul vs Lincoln! And share my PowerPoint with your favorite neo-con
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_7o4kqZyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gok8wcacVy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wveBbRWjBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqfL6VQpnGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Z4Q60ZFP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwMDzPlA_j0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PphPNW1hVtg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6FQ5kh1bqI

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,055
Points 41,895

"Depressions are causeless anomalies." - High School Textbook

For the record.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,592
Points 63,685
Sieben replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 8:13 AM

^One of my friend's kids is in 4th grade. I saw him working on his history textbook. It basically looked like this. I was afraid to open it.

Banned
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

John Harris, "It's an illusion."

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

Not really underground, but the same feel at least. And a summary here if you don't have enough time to read through thousands of cables.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,592
Points 63,685
Sieben replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:50 PM

I want to watch all these but I have le school. But keep posting!!!

Banned
Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS