Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What's with all these love letters?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 396
Points 6,715
Drew Posted: Sun, Mar 27 2011 6:24 PM

"Hello dearest, My name is Miss Nancy How are you? I Hope you are fine and in perfect Health.i came across your profile today and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. Am too curious to know you more. Could you please reciprocate to my message by dropping mail on my yahoo id (nancylovex01@yahoo.com) so we can introduce our self better on media and also share the passion of love together. I will be waiting for your email because i have a suitable and vital thing to tell you. Have a nice day and God bless you, I will send you my picture as soon as i receive your mail,so that i can tell you more about my life OK .please lots of love Nancy"

I often read people's profile and I keep finding this ...thing.

Does anyone else know what on earth is going on?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 767
Points 11,240
Hard Rain replied on Sun, Mar 27 2011 6:34 PM

Profiles on the Mises Forum? Probably spambots, it has been susceptible to those...

"I don't believe in ghosts, sermons, or stories about money" - Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 743
Points 11,795

Scam attempts on the web as usual. There are a group of people out there(I forget the name)- that openly bait these scam attempts to see how far they can go(in attempt to scam the scammer themselves).  That particular one is been around for awhile. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS