Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Change username?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
8 Posts
Points 130
Jared Stewart posted on Sat, May 7 2011 11:05 PM

I would like to change my username from Jason Bourne to something else - is there anyway to do this?

• | Post Points: 50

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Send me $75 and a carton of filterless Lucky Strike cigarettes and I will see what I can do for you.

Seriously, email me at {{removed}} from the email address for that account (jst------@-----), with the account username you want, and I can change it for you.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Male
1,008 Posts
Points 16,185

you can change your profile displayed name by going to the community tab, then on the right side of your avatar is a link that says 'edit profile', then change your name...

My Blog: http://www.anarchico.net/

Production is 'anarchistic' - Ludwig von Mises

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Send me $75 and a carton of filterless Lucky Strike cigarettes and I will see what I can do for you.

Seriously, email me at {{removed}} from the email address for that account (jst------@-----), with the account username you want, and I can change it for you.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 40
Not Ranked
Male
8 Posts
Points 130

That isn't quite what I was looking to do - but it sounds like it might accomplish what I am trying to do,

If it doesn't then maybe someone can help me change the sign-in name, I know it's kind of a weird request. I just don't want to be affiliated with a character I now perceive as being nothing more than a dog of the state.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,255 Posts
Points 36,010

I used to smoke filtered Lucky Strikes, until they quit making them, than I quit smoking.

"I am not an ego along with other egos, but the sole ego: I am unique. Hence my wants too are unique, and my deeds; in short, everything about me is unique" Max Stirner
Not Ranked
Male
8 Posts
Points 130

Just so you know liberty student, the domain of the address changed in the past year, I can't send emails (although I still receive them) from that address, the new address is similar and is a subdomain named mymail

Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Updated username, and don't worry about the cigs (from your email).  I quit smoking 3 years ago.

Also, remember to update your email address on your account.

Hope that helps.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
1,899 Posts
Points 37,230

Much gratz on quitting smoking guys! yes

In States a fresh law is looked upon as a remedy for evil. Instead of themselves altering what is bad, people begin by demanding a law to alter it. ... In short, a law everywhere and for everything!

~Peter Kropotkin

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS