Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ron Paul has 22% of the vote in Texas

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875
Freedom4Me73986 Posted: Mon, Jul 11 2011 11:42 PM

http://www.azimuthpolls.com/

Question: If the Texas Republican primary were held today, which presidential candidate would you be most likely to vote for?

Ron Paul – 22% Rick Perry – 17% Herman Cain – 14% Newt Gingrich – 11% Gary Johnson – 9% Mitt Romney – 8% Michele Bachmann – 7% Tim Pawlenty – 2% John Huntsman – 2% Rock Santorum – 1% Undecided – 7%

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,209
Points 35,645
Merlin replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 1:05 AM

And I’ll go ahead and ask this for the tenth time: why than doesn’t he run for governor of Texas, where he has some real chance of success, instead of wasting millions in hopeless bids for President?

The Regression theorem is a memetic equivalent of the Theory of Evolution. To say that the former precludes the free emergence of fiat currencies makes no more sense that to hold that the latter precludes the natural emergence of multicellular organisms.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 3,195

It seems like if his goal is education and awareness and a change in culture among the voting population, especially the young, failed bids for the presidency would actually be more effective than successful gubernatorial bids.Each time he runs, the libertarian postion and the Austrian school become more visible, and the Left/Right paradigm seems more and more illusory. What real change can a libertarian governor effect anyway?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980
Em_ptySkin replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 10:05 AM

Good.  I really can't imagine anything to postive happening for any of the repub candidtaes, except paul.  Gingrich looks like he will be the first to go. funny, i thought it'd be santorum.  The only thing that will detract from Paul's momentum will be if the US people endorse Obamas war strategy (probably ground troops later this year).

I was wondering why he hasn't ever gone for governor.  He would have to run against Bush or Perry in the last 20 years tho.  Perry is the longest sitting TX governor in history.  and a bilderberg attendee

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 173
Points 3,810
Brutus replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 10:52 AM

I'm voting for Ron Paul this time around. If the Tea Partiers truly wanted limited government, they would too. Same with republicans. He's the real deal, and he's as close to an anti-federalist as they come. He's the closest thing to a capitalist that Congress has, and he would absolutely liberate the private sector and allow it to thrive as it should. Not only that, he would immediately eliminate debt and the possibility for further government intrusion. My choice after him would be Herman Cain, although it sounds like he can be swayed by different parts of the government like the military.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" -Patrick Henry

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 56
Points 875
agisthos replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 11:27 AM

Lew Rockwell said that from the very beginning of his political career, Ron Paul has used his office simply as a bully pulpit to promote the ideas of liberty and libertarianism, rather than being concerned with internal political machinations.

May he continue to do this.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980
Em_ptySkin replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 11:33 AM

Lew Rockwell said that from the very beginning of his political career, Ron Paul has used his office simply as a bully pulpit to promote the ideas of liberty and libertarianism, rather than being concerned with internal political machinations. May he continue to do this.

I wish more would do this.

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS