Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

We should start a wiki debate on Debategraph!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 796
Points 14,585
Solid_Choke Posted: Mon, May 26 2008 4:35 AM

Debategraph is a community run website that aggregates the known arguments on a variety of subjects. So far there aren't many "liberty", or "free market" debate maps. We seriously need to change that! With a little bit of work from each of us, I'm sure we could gather together lots of sound arguments and increase our arsenal of intellectual ammunition. This kind of thing is just what the doctor ordered for absorbing the main arguments for libertarianism and familiarizing ourselves with the most prominent objections. What do you guys think?

"I cannot prove, but am prepared to affirm, that if you take care of clarity in reasoning, most good causes will take care of themselves, while some bad ones are taken care of as a matter of course." -Anthony de Jasay

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 752
Points 16,735
Sage replied on Mon, May 26 2008 10:56 AM

See my post Argument against statism.

AnalyticalAnarchism.net - The Positive Political Economy of Anarchism

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Solid_Choke:

Debategraph is a community run website that aggregates the known arguments on a variety of subjects. So far there aren't many "liberty", or "free market" debate maps. We seriously need to change that! With a little bit of work from each of us, I'm sure we could gather together lots of sound arguments and increase our arsenal of intellectual ammunition. This kind of thing is just what the doctor ordered for absorbing the main arguments for libertarianism and familiarizing ourselves with the most prominent objections. What do you guys think?

This is an excellent idea.  The liberty minded people should dominate the internets with information and educational outreach.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Sage:

That is a very good post.  The format is easy to follow.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

That is a good idea. The internet is unfortunately full of leftists of all colors, but hardly any libertarians or real anarchists.

A couple big issues libertarians should be focusing on are oil prices, how the Fed is ruining our economy, and universal health care. You can see my post here on why universal health care is a bad idea.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS