Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Islam bias at LRC?

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 55
Points 2,315
Constittuionalist Posted: Tue, Aug 2 2011 6:56 PM | Locked

I will rephrase my question since my question might have insulted a few people. My question is; does LRC have a pro-islam bias and how come that when I read blog posts concerning current events going on in the middle east, the direction is "muslims do no harm, the arab world is never at fault", "israel is always at fault" and similar opinions.

Does LRC have a pro-islam bias, can anyone who is pro-israel be welcomed or is it that pro-israel supporters on the mises forum will be a tiny minority and be demonized?

Thank you. Sorry for the previous post.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Tue, Aug 2 2011 7:07 PM | Locked

I will rephrase my question since my question might have insulted a few people. My question is; does LRC have a pro-islam bias

No. However, anyone who pumps their head full of CNN+FOX+MSNBC all day will have a hard time distinguishing between unbiased discussion of Islam and "pro-Islam bias."

and how come that when I read blog posts concerning current events going on in the middle east, the direction is "muslims do no harm, the arab world is never at fault", "israel is always at fault" and similar opinions.

Quote. Cite. Link. Stop generalizing.

can anyone who is pro-israel be welcomed

I think that's up to Lew. It's his site, right?

or is it that pro-israel supporters on the mises forum will be a tiny minority and be demonized?

Look, you Ron Paul deep-divers and MIAC/DHS-affiliated researchers need to do a little more due-diligence. LvMI is not affiliated with LRC at all. Lew isn't even President of LvMI anymore. LRC is just his personal site that he runs. These are basic long-standing facts that you would know if you kept up with events on the ground rather than just taking the information you're given by your superiors at face-value.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Tue, Aug 2 2011 7:57 PM | Locked

Constittuionalist:
[...] the direction is "muslims do no harm, the arab world is never at fault", "israel is always at fault" and similar opinions. [...]

When has anyone on LRC ever said that Muslims do no harm or that the Arab world is never fault?

Being anti-neocon is not the same as being pro-Islam.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 55
Points 2,315
Constittuionalist replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 9:04 AM | Locked

Clayton,

Isn't it obvious? Just yesterday, there was a blog post about israeli style airport security coming to boston logan airport and then equating it with hating muslims. The connection is pure bogus. Also look at Michael scheuer archives on LRC and Eric Margolis archives. Oh and there was another blogpost

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/92329.html and here http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/92217.html

secularism due to US-israeli influence? Why I never knew there was such a thing. Pretty much most of these middle east autocrats are US puppets but what does secularism have to do with it?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 2:26 PM | Locked

@Cons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularism_in_Turkey

Lew is implying that this policy is the result of or reflects US/Israeli influence. I don't know why he implies that but I would be surprised if there aren't good reasons for him to imply it.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 7:49 PM | Locked

Since he used quotes around "secularism," I think it was used sarcastically. Reading some of the Wikipedia article linked by Clayton I can see why.

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. -H.L. Mencken
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,455
Marky Mark replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 7:53 PM | Locked

Israel is the most ruthless country that gets support from the US.  They use more illegal weapons than the US.  They constantly engange in ridiculously disproportionate wars.  I see no problem with being critical of them for those reasons.  Not to mention the apartheid there is worse than it was in South Africa.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 99
Points 1,465
Matticus Rex replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:10 PM | Locked

Lew (like most of his contributors) is an anarchist. He (again, like most of his contributors) lives in America, so the focus of most of his attacks will be America. Israel is one of America's closest allies, so that puts them in the crosshairs. Both nations also talk a lot about how they are "free," but Israel (like, to a lesser extent, the United States) is one of the most hypocritically authoritarian nations around (as they are perpetuating apartheid).

You're never going to see anything really "pro-Israel" in any group dominated by anarchists. That would be a sanction of a nation. Anarcho-capitalists hate the state - this is no surprise. Libertarians of all stripes should hate Israel and its Muslim neighbors in particular, as they are outspoken enemies of liberty.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 1:05 AM | Locked

Also look at Michael scheuer archives on LRC and Eric Margolis archives.

Actually Michael Scheuer is an American nationalist.

Now, Margolis is biased, I'll give you that. He is selective about which US military interventions he oposes and which ones he supports depending on wether they are carried out against Muslims or in their support, but none of his pro-interventionist stuff ever made an appearance at LRC.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 90
Points 1,480
Zachary Plaxco replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 1:50 AM | Locked

I'd like to just remind Matticus that being an anarcho-capitalist doesn't make you hate the state.  "Hating the state" almost seems juvenile.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,189
Points 22,990
Libertyandlife replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 8:35 AM | Locked

I hate the state with every ounce of emotion in my body, and all of my mind. Serious.

Freedom has always been the only route to progress.

Post Neo-Left Libertarian Manifesto (PNL lib)
Not Ranked
Posts 55
Points 2,315
Constittuionalist replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:11 AM | Locked

Marky,

get your facts straight man. Where is your evidence that "they use more illegal weapons than the US"? And where did you get this from Al jazzera? Al Jazzera is one of the biggest propoganda outlets in the history of the world, and will do anything to stir up tensions. And last time I checked it was the arab autocrats that started the wars against israel, not the other way around (yom kippur war, lebanon 1982,06, hamas terrorists in gaza etc). And lets not forget it is Hamas who institutes apartheid. So to me, your just envious.

Maybe this will help. http://www.freemuslims.org/

Before making a bunch of silly claims, at least look at an alternative viewpoint and not propoganda outlets of the facist regimes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:28 AM | Locked

Thread locked.

First attempt was bad and this attempt wasn't much better.

Mark ('MayDay'), this is not your forum. There are rules. (post deleted)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS