Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Holiday Blues: 39 Percent Don't Want to Fly. Thank you for your part, TSA.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775
Smiling Dave Posted: Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:33 PM

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/12/19/holiday-blues-39-percent-dont-want-to-fly

If the thought of traveling during the Christmas holidays makes you ill, you're in good company. A new travel industry survey finds that 39 percent would rather take the bus than fly.

Irked by new travel security requirements, higher traffic and the clutter of presents, many air travelers express frustration about flying.

Lessening the hassles, said the U.S. Travel Association, could win back customers. "Our research shows that reducing hassle without compromising security will encourage more Americans to fly — as many as two to three additional trips a year — leading to an additional $85 billion in spending that would support 900,000 American jobs," said Roger Dow, president and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:46 PM

The title's a bit misleading... It's not all due to the TSA.

Edit: You fixed it :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

corrected

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,600

I drove the last two times I visited family over 700 miles away--I did the calculations based on time and cost and the difference was notable but not great enough to overcome the flexibility having my car with me added.

" ‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. “
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS