Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Nothing surprising about Iowa

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 533
Points 8,445

"They're like a cult. They cry that if their beloved prophet isn't nominated or elected to the executive branch America is "doomed", as if he can affect any real change in monetary and social policy anyways. People need to realize, the Ron Paul campaign should only be considered PR for austro-libertarianism and it's outcome in the electoral sphere is totally meaningless."

All that you sau about Paulites is pretty much true of the following of any other politicain

Tumblr The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants. ~Albert Camus
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Freedom4Me73986:
Dr. Paul spent a HUGE amount of money on campaign ads. He has a huge following esp among college students. A lot of leftists are moving away from the democrats to Dr. Pau. Theres no reason he should have lost. I know it was rigged.

Riiiiiight.  Because no one else was spending money on campaign ads.  

compiled by BuzzFeed and TheAtlantic.com:

CANDIDATE $ SPENT VOTES WON $ PER VOTE
R. Perry 6.15M 12,604 78.40
M. Romney 4.2M 30,015 154.90
R. Paul 2.7M 26,219 103.30
N. Gingrich 1.3M 16,251 89.84
R. Santorum 111K 30,007 20.50
M. Bachmann 24K 6,073 3.95

OK now compare how much Santorum spent on ads with how much Dr. Paul did.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Freedom4Me73986:
OK now compare how much Santorum spent on ads with how much Dr. Paul did.

Done.  Now you compare how much Rick Perry spent with how much Michelle Bachmann spent.  The gap between Paul and Santorum is only 2,731 votes less than the gap between those two...but I'll let you go ahead and calculate the difference in the amount spent between those bottom two candidates.

Or let's put it this way.  Perry spent well more than twice what Paul spent...and got less than half the votes.  I'll say that again.  Your argument is "Paul spent a HUGE amount of money on campaign ads" so there's "no reason" he should have lost.  Rick Perry spent more than TWICE as much as what Ron Paul spent....and got less than HALF the votes.  Sounds like a fix to me.  Someone screwed over Rick Perry.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 458
Points 6,985
gocrew replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:04 PM

John James:
So that's it huh.  A tie for first IA and a win in NH is all it takes for the nomination to be completely decided huh?

No, John honey, after winning IA and NH I think Romney's campaign is about over. I mean, when has anyone ever taken those two states and gone on to get a nomination?

Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under - Mencken

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

gocrew:
No, John honey, after winning IA and NH I think Romney's campaign is about over. I mean, when has anyone ever taken those two states and gone on to get a nomination?

A non-incumbent?  Never.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

It shows that Perry's ads were wholly ineffective.

To be fair, Paul doesn't really get anything but bad press, so it is natural for him to need to spend more on ads.

Santorum really lucked out.  People are very very dumb.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Freedom4Me73986:
All while eating foods full of poison, drinking water full of fluoride, drinking pasteurized milk full of cancer-causing agents, being vaccinated full of autism-causing mercury, paying taxes to the state and being forced into a collective every day. Yup sounds good to me.

Yep.  And enjoying a leisure-filled, convenience-filled, fun-filled life...till I'm 90.  Yeah I prefer that to getting a finger cut while trying to chop a branch for firewood and dying of infection at age 21 because Bear Grylls never did an episode on how to manufacture your own antibiotics.

Most antibiotics are useless anyway. Natural medicine is the only medicine which does anything. How would you know anything about survivalism?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

It shows that Perry's ads were wholly ineffective.

To be fair, Paul doesn't really get anything but bad press, so it is natural for him to need to spend more on ads.

Santorum really lucked out.  People are very very dumb.

Dr. Paul spends lots on campaign ads but gets hardly any press. Santorum was spending all of his time in Iowa. Hopefully Dr. Paul will win in NH with all of the time he's spending there.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110

You are so adorable.  I'm impressed that it just comes so naturally to you.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 247
Points 4,415

Freedom4Me73986:

Freedom4Me73986:
All while eating foods full of poison, drinking water full of fluoride, drinking pasteurized milk full of cancer-causing agents, being vaccinated full of autism-causing mercury, paying taxes to the state and being forced into a collective every day. Yup sounds good to me.

Yep.  And enjoying a leisure-filled, convenience-filled, fun-filled life...till I'm 90.  Yeah I prefer that to getting a finger cut while trying to chop a branch for firewood and dying of infection at age 21 because Bear Grylls never did an episode on how to manufacture your own antibiotics.

Most antibiotics are useless anyway. Natural medicine is the only medicine which does anything. How would you know anything about survivalism?

I'm too lazy to become an expert at this stuff too. I would prefer to have someone else handle my healthcare and research what is healthy and what isn't.

Page 2 of 2 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS