Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Interacting with authors

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 290
Matthew78 Posted: Mon, May 7 2012 6:28 PM
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

In the "Ultimate beginner meta thread" I suggested here, there is a welcome thread that talks about the blank post issue.  Switch to one of the recommended browsers and click "more>edit" at the top right of your post to enter your intended text.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 290
Matthew78 replied on Mon, May 7 2012 10:59 PM
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

I like the consistency.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 290
Matthew78 replied on Tue, May 8 2012 11:59 PM

I enrolled in the Academy course Classical Economics for two reasons. The first was to learn about classical economics from Rothbard. The second was the opportunity to dialogue with the instructor. However, it occurred to me that I could simpy ask about authors in a forum like this. Do any of the Institute scholars participate in these forums? Or does one have to sign up for a course or e-mail one of them if that person has questions?

Matthew

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Matthew78:
Do any of the Institute scholars participate in these forums?

Not at all.  Sorry.

Or does one have to sign up for a course or e-mail one of them if that person has questions?

That's odd.  They should have given you contact info with all the course materials.  See here.

Also, you might check the Mises Wiki for bios on various scholars.  The links section in each should include the scholar's website if they have one...for example,

Bob Murphy blogs at ConsultingByRPM.com/blog

Tom Woods blogs at TomWoods.com

Stephan Kinsella has a few online presences, namely C4SIF.org, LibertarianStandard.com, StephanKinsella.com

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS