Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

EAT THE RICH!

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 372
Points 8,230
Buzz Killington Posted: Mon, May 14 2012 8:07 PM

I think this video does a good job of explaining the stupidity of the "tax the rich" liberals.

"Nutty as squirrel shit."
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 80
Points 1,520

Good video. I believe JJ already posted this vid .

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:49 PM

yeah it's probably been posted at least twice.

The only thing it's really good for is illustrating just how big the number is.  If you notice, he takes all the ad revenue from every Super Bowl ever, and every penny of revenue from Star Wars...since the 1970s.  Obviously you can't go back in time.  He also recounts things and misses things...for example, he takes all the salaries of all players in the NFL, MLB, NBA, and the NHL, but then takes 100% of everything everyone makes above $250,000...so for a lot of players, that would be taking their money twice.  He then takes 100% of everything from the Forbes 400...again, looting them twice, which isn't possible in reality.

I'm not even sure he and Iowa Hawk really realized they were doing this, but I would like to hope they did.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

And also the fact that the next year, they cant take that same amount of money again, since most of it has been saved up over time.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS