Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Left-libertairan website attacks voluntaryism

rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Is anyone going to respond to the C4SS article? That's why I posted it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Are you going to respond to the questions asked of you?

When you you say "leaving this forum soon"...

Does that mean you will never visit this website (let alone post in this forum) ever again after July 1, 2012 CE?  Or does it mean you'll wander off into some trees for a few hours and then get back on your computer, hook into the Internet so that you can tell us how evil technology is and that the Internet is just a tool for the govenrment to control you?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:27 PM

This is such a fascinating conversation.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

You know what they say..."fascinating characters..."

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 165
Points 2,745

@ Freedom4Me

Instead of pointing out the obvious here, which has been done numerous times, I'll offer you some perspective. You are very passionate in your hatred of civilization and technology, you have talked about how you plan to go live in the woods, you have been saying this for quite some time. Yet it has taken you a very long time to learn the appropriate survival skills, personally I could have learned the necessary skills in a matter of a week or 2 at most, it would take me a while longer to buy a house in the woods if that is also part of your plan. (Which I assume is, unless you plan on building your own house in the woods, in which case good luck.) Seems to me that you aren't in much of a hurry to actually start living in the woods or as you would say, living free. You might want to ask yourself if you really want to live in the woods, it is after all a life changing decision, certainly not something to do out of pure ideology. If you aren't sure about it then I recommend you ask yourself why.

Just some food for thought. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Serpentis-Lucis:
buy a house in the woods if that is also part of your plan. (Which I assume is, unless you plan on building your own house in the woods, in which case good luck.)

Um.  I would think neither.  House = civ

Seems to me that you aren't in much of a hurry to actually start living in the woods or as you would say, living free. You might want to ask yourself if you really want to live in the woods, it is after all a life changing decision, certainly not something to do out of pure ideology. If you aren't sure about it then I recommend you ask yourself why.

Because technology and civilization are evil.  Technology is a product of civilization, both of which are inherently destructive, and of course technology like computers and the Internet are just a way the government controls him.  So he needs to get away from that.  But not before he uses the evil technology created by the evil civilization and which the evil government uses to control him, to learn the skills that he needs to survive without the evil technology and civilization that is currently keeping him alive.

See?  It's all quite simple.

But make no mistake.  He's going to be living free by next month.  Yessiree.  No more computers and Internet forums for Freedom4Me73986.  He'll be off in paradise (i.e. the woods)...So much better off than the rest of us morons who remain here in civilization where we have no chance to survive.  (We must make our time.)

Mark his words, you will not see Freedom4Me73986 participating in this forum ever again after next month.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 165
Points 2,745

@ John James

Oh, I know. LOL What I'm hinting at is that he doesn't actually want to go live in the woods. (He hasn't consciously realized that yet but the fact he's taking so long "learning" the skills necessary says a lot.) If he really wanted to do it he would have done it already. He believes technology and civilization is evil be he's going to find out the hard way that going to live off in the woods just because of his ideological primitivism isn't as peachy as he thinks it will be. I'd be willing to bet that after he does it for a few weeks he'll be back to civilization, unless your right about him not building a house, in that event he might have a unfortunate meeting with a large grizzly and is never seen again. (Or rattlesnakes, copperheads, mountain lions, cougars (Not of the MILF variety), etc. etc.) smiley

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Actually cougars are mountain lions.  But yeah, I'm basically counting on it.

Page 2 of 2 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS