Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Voluntaryist Revolution?

rated by 0 users
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,258
Points 34,610
Anenome replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 4:11 PM

SkepticalMetal:

Yeah. Overall I like your idea of seasteading much better than any revolution, and if they attack us from there, that would be the justification to retaliate.

The problem is, with something like seasteading, there are so many things that could go wrong, the main thing being that the government could easily suppress the free flow of goods essential to making a place like that prosper.

Considering that the vast majority of people living in such a place would already be US citizens, I think it would be hard for them to pull this off and retain legitimacy. I'm well within my rights to simple sail ashore, buy some junk, and sail back to my houseboat 14 miles out.

Autarchy: rule of the self by the self; the act of self ruling.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 478
Points 10,295

> Your later post is about who would be a legitimate target is a good question one in fact Walter Block begins to answer here

This is great. What I've been looking for (for philosophical reasons, not practical...). Thanks.

Actually, I take it back. I didn't like this rambling essay full of gaps of logic one bit. I assume it is some sort of rough draft... The questions raised in the beginning remain unanswered.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 814
Points 14,875

It's not the best essay but thought it was worth a mention. I think he did a more coherent version for Hoppe's Feschrift but I remember thinking there were more ideas in the original.

The atoms tell the atoms so, for I never was or will but atoms forevermore be.

Yours sincerely,

Physiocrat

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS