Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

The FreeDomainRadio (Stefan Molyneux) CULT.

This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 5,505
TronCat Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:23 AM | Locked

While I do appreciate Stefan's commitment to the cause of liberty, and being one of my initial reasons of involvement in the cause, I have noticed that I have been distancing myself from him as of late. I'm not entirely sure why, although I think it has to do with a combination of his ridiculous psychological assertions, and the fact I've found numerous other more interesting voices for the cause. 

What is most frightening, however, is the cult of worshippers the man has got going on that forum of his. I just made a duplicate of my "Tribalism, Race, and Anarchy" post, and the first response I got completely ignored everything I said and just went off with the typical and tired Molyneux talking points. 

"Blah blah culture is irrational blah blah, tribalism is the problem blah blah!" 

For a group of people that prides themselves in their 'rational', free, and scientifically considerate thinking, they seem to disagree with nature itself, and want to pretend as if tribalism and culture are not emergent. 

Morons. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 781
Points 13,130
Minarchist replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:04 AM | Locked

Have you see FDR Liberated? It documents all that is wrong with FDR. Check out this about his "Universally Preferable Behavior," which doesn't so much deal with the content of the book, as with Molyneux's views of its magnificence, and how he dealt with criticism (hint: not well). Also see "Is FreeDomain Radio a destructive cult?" whose title speaks for itself.

apiarius delendus est, ursus esuriens continendus est
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Points 1,150
proxyamenra replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:07 AM | Locked

I don't think it is a problem with Stefan but with the people who populate his forum. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 781
Points 13,130
Minarchist replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:10 AM | Locked

Read the articles I posted, you might come to a different conclusion.

apiarius delendus est, ursus esuriens continendus est
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 5,505
TronCat replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:53 AM | Locked

I don't think it is a problem with Stefan but with the people who populate his forum.

The people who populate his forums are all a bunch of little Stefans. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975
John Ess replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:04 AM | Locked

Anyone who disagrees with you is a cult.  Especially on something so obviously like racism being totes awesome and au naturale, bro.  Also, shame on them for not giving you the respect you deserve.  I see only one person has responded to your post there.  You are entitled to at least 20 responses, as per the laws of the internets.  You are white after all.  What are these kids race traitors or what?

Come get a hug from the mises forum, which isn't a cult.  We'll comfort you, don't worry. 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 72
Points 1,490
Loppu replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:05 AM | Locked

"I just made a duplicate of my "Tribalism, Race, and Anarchy" post"

May I have a link?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 5,505
TronCat replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:14 AM | Locked

Anyone who disagrees with you is a cult.

No, anyone who obsesses over the bullshit psychological assertions of Stefan Molyneux is a cultist. 

You are white after all.  What are these kids race traitors or what?

What the hell are you getting at? 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975
John Ess replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

There is a certain irony in whining about tribal behavior of others when you promoted that very thing as scientific to those very people.

Your science is towards 'tribalism', but then your whining is individualistic.  This seems to be the cognitive dissonance.

The response from FDR seems to have been that they didn't see it, or didn't care.  Since only one person responded.  Not that there was a mass reaction against it.  You only posted it late last night at midnight and already expect everyone to have read the post, all of the sources, and agreed with you.  It seems that you simple got bored or anxious and overreacted to not having anyone respond quick enough.  And thus here we are at your own designated cult/tribe the mises forum.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 5,505
TronCat replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:03 AM | Locked

Derp. I've been looking through that forum for awhile now and I have seen nothing but little Stefans spewing Stefan talking points. I have argued with a number of these dweebs on Youtube as well, and they're hopeless. 

Did I overreact? Perhaps. Although, I've had beef with FDR for quite some time now. 

There is a certain irony in whining about tribal behavior of others when you promoted that very thing as scientific to those very people.

There is no 'irony', because I have never said that particular 'tribes' can't argue and/or debate. Actually, I have been quite clear that the more dissimilar two people and/or tribes are (and in this instance, opinion on the topic of race and tribalism), naturally the more argument there will be. 

Your science is towards 'tribalism', but then your whining is individualistic.  This seems to be the cognitive dissonance.

Most of them acknowledge 'tribalism' as a social construct. It is a biological construct, and is predicated on our genetic foundation. 

And thus here we are at your own designated cult/tribe the mises forum.

Trsut me, this aint the only 'tribe/cult' I frequent. 

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator
Daniel James Sanchez replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:07 AM | Locked

FDR's "defoo" campaign is deeply troubling. But accusing a group of being a "CULT" simply because they disagree with you is over the line. Thread locked.

"the obligation to justice is founded entirely on the interests of society, which require mutual abstinence from property" -David Hume
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS