Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

glenn beck independence city

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 11,575
cab21 Posted: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:59 PM

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/01/10/take-a-tour-of-glenns-visionary-plans-for-independence/

what do you think of this city?

sounds interesting to me and it will be interesting to see it develup.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 5,375

It's an awesome idea. People living together how they want to live together outside of force is a great thing. I disagree with Beck on a few key issues (actually, quite a bit), but this project is a step in the right direction.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 267
Points 5,370
Meistro replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:02 AM

I'm not living in the same city as Glenn Beck, I don't care how utopian.

... just as the State has no money of its own, so it has no power of its own - Albert Jay Nock

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 5,375

Meistro:

I'm not living in the same city as Glenn Beck, I don't care how utopian.

Yet (presumably) you'll choose to continue living in a city with excessive taxation to levels beyond Beck's ideal? I'd say who cares about one man. The quality of my lifestyle will determine where I live. Better is better, worse is worse.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

eeeeggggghhhhh excessive taxation or glenn beck..... hmmmmmmm...... I might just stick with taxation; the devil that you know. haha

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Based on Glenn Beck's "libertarianism" I suggest that this community just might be the next Arthurdale, especially if he's going to be running the whole show.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 8:35 PM

He is teamed up with Disney as in Disney Corporation, enough is said in that.  But if you want more on how bad of an idea this is and how collective it sounds then read the article.  It has no mention of the ONLY real right which is the right to own property.  He describes several community institutions but never goes into who owns them. 

I do not see anything but wasted money here for Disney and if was was a stock holder then I would protest this effort.  This is especially true if tried in the USA as the US Government and every state would come down on this city with all of its force and try to mold the people back into tax payers.

The fellow from Free Cities even said that he feared the US Government more than any other group in the hemisphere.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,620

Glenn Beck is not a libertarian. He is a neocon. This will turn into a cult.

http://thephoenixsaga.com/
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 183
Points 3,740

I think this place would be awesome.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 267
Points 5,370
Meistro replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:51 AM

The quality of my life is directly proportional to my distance from Glenn Beck.  All other considerations are secondary.  I can see it now... a holographic image of a wildly mad Glenn Beck projected on top of every building, foaming at the mouth, looming fourty feet in the air, his voice amplified a thousand fold... all I can hear are the words 'Obamacare' 'Glenn Beck' 'patriot' vibrating through me....

... just as the State has no money of its own, so it has no power of its own - Albert Jay Nock

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 11,575
cab21 replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 1:39 AM

well if you move to a city with the gap and ann taylors, apparently glenn will ban those, so i don't know how he will determine what get's bought and sold. seems like it's just a different form of government with "benevolent/malevolent dictator" instead of democracy.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 7:03 AM

After reading the article I have come under the distinct impression if this will ever happen, it will be so hilariously bad as to be worth a visit.

My mind (a mind a bit worn by age and a few blows too many) has already pictured a theme park dedicated to the Neo-Con ideals with an indentured population manning it and Beck and Disney splitting the loot. Think Disney World meets Jonestown.

Attractions will include:

Heroes in the Sky. This attraction is patterned exactly after an USAF/CIA drone control center. Here visitors will be amazed to see how the world is made safe for democracy, one Hellfire missile at time. For a small extra fee the visitors will be able to take control of a drone and launch an attack against "Islamic militants". A choice of locations is offered, including the Hindu Kush, Somalia, Northern Yemen and Libya. Work is underway to include various areas of China, Russia, Mexico and even the mainland US in the attraction. The fun is multiplied by not knowing what you will hit next: is it a wedding, a tribal assembly or terrorists loading IED's on a pick up truck?

Friends of Democracy. This great hall includes life sized reproductions, mementos and exhibits of the men and women who helped the US make the world a better place. The giants of the modern age include Osni Mubarak, Augusto Pinochet, Ferdinand Marcos, Reza Phalavi and the whole House of Saud (all 6000 of them!). Learn of their heroic deeds in helping the US defend the Free World against Communism, terrorism and hippies. Visitors will be shocked and amazed at the moral stature of these great friends of the US! Please note: some old brochures still list the "Saddam Hussein Wing" as part of the hall. This is incorrect as the area is known as  "Friends of Democracy in Central Asia and the Middle East".

Becksville. This is the place of resistance of our park, our pride and joy. Here visitors will be enthralled to see how the good old US of A should really be. It's exactly like the '50s, but much safer. Marvel at the police check points on every street, at the surveillance cameras on every corner and feel free to use your cellphone as much as you want: all your calls will be monitored by our highly trained experts using state-of-the-art electronics ensure your safety. Twice a day (at 6:00 AM and again at 10:00 PM) the Becksville SWAT team will conduct raids on the houses of suspected terrorists and hippies, raids you can enjoy in HD and 3D in our film theater. The great market is, if possible, even better: only goods made in the US are sold here. If the price seems steep to you pause and think: every extra dollar you pay over a made in China or Mexico t-shirt is one extra job for a God-fearing US citizen and one extra dollar for our effort to defeat terrorism worldwide. How is that possible? Because we fully support the US Federal Reserve!

Warning! Park security personnel will remove from premises people wearing Ron Paul apparel or making remarks about the US Constitution. Carrying weapons on premises is allowed as long as a valid NRA membership is exhibited at the entrance and all weapons and ammo are registered with our security office. Foreign nationals are welcome, as long as they submit to full body scans and are not on our watchlist.

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:55 PM

This adds to the thread...

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Yeah...this'll turn out just fine...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 267
Points 5,370
Meistro replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 5:50 PM

[x] thread delivers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

I tried to post a picture of him wearing a viking helmet, but due to the fact that something is seriously wrong with the workings of this forum, I couldn't do it.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS