Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Theres a New Austrian School of Economics?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 175
James C posted on Fri, Mar 2 2012 7:56 PM

http://www.goldstandardinstitute.net/2012/02/a-tale-of-two-schools/

can someone explain what the New Austrian School of Economics (NASE) is advocating that clashes with the Austrian School?

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
219 Posts
Points 3,980

Apparently they feel themselves the rightful heirs to the Austrian throne because they are the devout followers of Menger(?).  Don't get me wrong, Menger's contributions to AE are extremely valuable, but economic thought was still largely in its infancy when he was alive; he left a lot of unfinished thoughts and ideas that others would later flesh out, and others simply became outdated.  It seems very...odd that one would want to stand firmly behind Menger.

I really tried to keep an open mind as I read the article, but once it got to their point surrounding the Real Bills Doctrine I couldn't stand to read any more.  Not surprisingly you'll find a few words written here about Antal Fekete.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 175

what i dont understand is the position on the discount rate and what exactly is wrong with the quantity theory of money.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Male
653 Posts
Points 13,185

I don't think it counts as an entire school of thought when it consists of 1 published book and a number of DVD's of live lectures and speeches.    

they said we would have an unfair fun advantage

"enough about human rights. what about whale rights?" -moondog
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS