Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

anybody know about this site thinkprogress.org

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 141
Points 3,420
katja328 Posted: Wed, Jul 30 2008 2:06 PM

And what are your thoughts about it?

FTR, I just received that same question and have not had a chance to look at it closely. Seems to be very liberal...

Thanks!!!

Sometimes "majority" simply means that all the fools are on the same side

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,879
Points 29,735
Bostwick replied on Wed, Jul 30 2008 2:27 PM

Seems like a pretty typical left wing blog.  /shrug

Peace

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050

JonBostwick:

Seems like a pretty typical left wing blog.  /shrug

Alternet is considerably more anoyying in this respect; some of their articles just make me want to punch something.  I find counterpunch (on ocassion), and disinfo generally more tolerable. 

It would be interesting to go back to revious bookmarks from 2 to 3 years ago and see which sites I used to read are less tolerable than other's.

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,879
Points 29,735
Bostwick replied on Wed, Jul 30 2008 2:48 PM

Nitroadict:
Alternet is considerably more anoyying in this respect; some of their articles just make me want to punch something. 

Yeah, this site doesnt seemas overtly government worshipping as some, but it doesn't really stand out either.

Not much value in keeping up on the latest political in-fighting.

Peace

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050

JonBostwick:

Nitroadict:
Alternet is considerably more anoyying in this respect; some of their articles just make me want to punch something. 

Yeah, this site doesnt seemas overtly government worshipping as some, but it doesn't really stand out either.

Not much value in keeping up on the latest political in-fighting.

op ed & talking points are considerably better in the case of covering stuff beyond in-fighting.

I ocassionaly like to keep tabs though to see if there would be any leftist viewpoints or new articles to use in arguments against leftist friends, however.  I recently did this with the ACLU & RP supporters teaming up, and was able to clarify on libertarian positions that are quite against corporatism & further clarified the "vulgar" prefix often used to describe pro-corportist views. 

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS