Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

A Thorough (enough) critique of Romney's economic plan?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 95
ahall12 Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:42 PM

Does this exist? I've been nit-picking here and there with his medicare plan, social security, his tax policy, but I have yet to see anyone actually give a decent criticism, let alone Misesian, of his entire plan. Mayhaps this ought to be the place to discuss!

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:10 PM

There is no policy I have ever heard from Romney that would be recommended by any people following AE.  Do you know of any?  And for all of the Romney supporters, don't worry Obama is at best marginally worse in following recommendations from AE.

As for healthcare, Romney wants a healthcare system that has all of the popular but expensive parts of Obamacare and yet has not mechanism to pay for any of it.  So it will destroy the healthcare financing system in a shorter period of time compared to Obama.  I am sure that like Obama he dreams of 100% government provided healthcare.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:12 PM

The one area where there is a tiny difference is in dealing with Iran.  Romney seems to want to waste trillions killing Iranians and occupying Iran while Obama seems to be content with just making life in Iran miserable. 

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 69
Points 1,600

How can somebody write a critique is nobody even knows what it is?

Even if he was to come out and better define his plan today, we still couldn't critique his plan... just the one that he says he's going to follow, today. Had he defined his plan tomorrow, instead of today, I'm pretty sure atleast 60% of it would be different.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS