Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • What will happen with anarchy?

    Hi everybody, I made a previous thread on pretty much the smae subject, but I only got 1 reply, so I think it may not have been very clear. Suppose a part or several parts of the world become anarchic for a period of time and assume that foreign or neihgbouring states by some miracle do not interfere...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by abskebabs on Sun, Sep 20 2009
  • Did the founding fathers believe in anarchy?

    The founding fathers believed it was the right of the people to abolish the government once it no longer protected the natural rights of its citizens. They believed in secession - afterall, the Revolutionary War was fought so that the US could secede from Britain. According to Rothbardian logic, if you...
    Posted to History (Forum) by libertyman on Tue, Aug 4 2009
  • utilitarian anarchy

    wonder what you guys think of the utilitarian view on property rights and the stuff associated with it like david friedman talks in his book http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Libertarian/Machinery_of_Freedom/MofF_Contents.html especially the property rights issue(high energy laser beam buzzing through neighbour...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by nandnor on Thu, May 14 2009
  • Voluntary Slave contract?

    I was at youTube today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nVarM20KQ) and got into a debate with someone who brought up the issue of Walter Block's support of voluntary slavery. He brought up the issue that in an anarcho-capitalist society, that there would be a risk of people signing their lives away...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by RogueMerc on Mon, Feb 9 2009
  • Re: Local currencies, Beyond Greed and Scarcity by Bernard Lietaer

    What I’ve gotten so far is that he suggests we invert the investment utility of money as a medium of exchange. Rather than earning money for hoarding money (interest on savings), he evokes the thoughts of Silvio Gesell saying that ...money is a public good - like the telephone or bus transport...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Egoistorms on Thu, Feb 5 2009
  • Re: Local currencies, Beyond Greed and Scarcity by Bernard Lietaer

    local / competing currencies, as I understand, are the essence of liberty and will, inevitably, lead to the universal acceptance of a gold standard. I believe the usage of localized currencies will be fairly widespread within the next 10years. the past two days, I have become very interested in Bernard...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Egoistorms on Wed, Feb 4 2009
  • Property rights on Water : Somalian Pirate's Edition

    I read this on NYT article on Somali pirates. The piracy industry started about 10 to 15 years ago, Somali officials said, as a response to illegal fishing. Somalia’s central government imploded in 1991, casting the country into chaos. With no patrols along the shoreline, Somalia’s tuna-rich...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by prashantpawar on Fri, Nov 21 2008
  • Re: Minarchism or ministatism?

    [quote user="Fred Furash"]I agree, Minarchism seems to imply a minimum amount of anarchy....which is the opposite of what Minarchism is usually thought to mean. Ministatism would make more sense.[/quote] Your premise is incorrect. The term "anarchy" comes from the Greek an- "without"...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric on Tue, Oct 14 2008
  • Would the people choose anarchy or democracy?

    Lets say that our government abolished itself, and left the people to try anarchy for a year. After that year, there would be a vote. If the majority voted for government, it would come back in, but otherwise, the anarchy would continue. After tasting anarchy, would the people choose it above democracy...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by eliotn on Thu, Oct 2 2008
  • A possible advantage of minarchy?

    Considering that private courts would be competing for consumer money, and, therefore, consumers would have a choice over what kind of "law" they want to live under, wouldn't a minarchy or kritarchy be more libertarian? My point being that if consumers can choose law, it is no different...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Thu, Aug 28 2008
Page 4 of 7 (62 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »