Showing related tags and posts for the Miscellaneous group. See all tags in the site
  • Inspiration for Master Thesis Topic - Thorsten Polleit - Monetary Economics

    Hey all, I will be about to write my master thesis with Thorsten Polleit as first corrector. His page on mises.org: http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=793 Do you have any inspiration for us regarding an interesting topic that is worth to be investigated? Best regards Alex
    Posted to General (Forum) by tschyross on Sat, Oct 9 2010
  • Can someone explain the provisions of the new financial reform bill to me?

    Since I really don't feel like leafing through 2,300 pages of unreadable, barely decipherable, incoherent government gibberish that disgraces and besmirches decent English and all those who can write it - besides, the 1,400 pages of Rothbard's 'Man, Economy and State' that I just started...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by kingofkings92 on Mon, Jul 26 2010
  • Re: Spot the error

    Fri. 10/04/23 18:31 EDT . post #63 [quote user="E. R. Olovetto"] I think he's saying that it is "moving money out of risky investments and putting the money into banks", because banks aren't safe investments.[/quote]haha! That's not it, but it's a good point. I totally...
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • Smacked a NeoCon

    http://www.professorbainbridge.com/professorbainbridgecom/2010/02/sullivan-and-reynolds-applaud-paul-victoryme-not-so-much.html This was posted on lewrockwell.com as a blog post ( http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/51252.html ). I left a lengthy comment (as nurbsoldier) that made "Professor...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by RogueMerc on Sun, Feb 21 2010
  • Libertarian/AC Independent Film looking for Online Marketing Manager

    Our studio is making a feature-length movie called Silver Circle. It's a thriller-romance story set in a 2019 economic disaster - and the rebels fighting back against the fed. Think V for Vendetta meets Rothbard's Case against the Fed. Over the next year we will be doing heavy social networking...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Pasha Roberts on Wed, Feb 10 2010
  • Continental Convention

    MUST WATCH the Continental Convention 2009!!! Increadible! I was crying while watching the opening ceremonies. And the speaches are great. Not all the speakers are great speakers, but the information is fantastic. All the representatives were elected by their States. It's at www.cc2009.us Strangely...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by cryptocode on Thu, Nov 19 2009
  • Re: Austrian & Keynesian Theories Vs. Mathematical Facts

    Hello Lilburne, Thanks for responding. Let me take a satb as answering your questions: "No. Let's say you borrow that money from me. Over the course of the year, you do work for me for which I offer you a $60 salary. On the last day of the year, I don't pay you the $60 in gold; I just deduct...
    Posted to General (Forum) by DrKrbyLuv on Sun, Nov 8 2009
  • Austrian & Keynesian Theories Vs. Mathematical Facts

    George Orwell’s classic 1984 describes “doublethink” as holding two contradictory beliefs simultaneously and accepting both. To do so denies the existence of objective reality. A good example is the belief in economic theories that contradict mathematical facts. Both Austrian and Keynesian...
    Posted to General (Forum) by DrKrbyLuv on Sun, Nov 8 2009
  • Question about late 19th Century "surplus".

    I am currently doing a dissertation on American foreign policy and at the moment I am reading William Appleman Williams The Tragedy of American Diplomacy . In it, he says that US expansionist policies gained support from industrialists and farmers in an effort to "open" and/or "find"...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Tyler Rouillard on Thu, Jun 18 2009
  • Re: A big Fed misconception

    I believe the issue is to the ownership and control of the Fed. It has clearly been granted a monopoly status by Title 12 and the BOG has isolated itself from any identified source of control, including Congress, the President (except to appoint a Governor from a preapproved list), and the GAO. And the...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Olde Reb on Mon, Jun 8 2009
Page 2 of 4 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >