Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • What caused the housing boom/bust of the mid-1890s?

    I was reading Doug French's book about the housing collapse and came across the Shiller graph showing historical home values. I'm a self-taught student of economics and don't have the background that others might. I wanted to pick the brains of the Mises community on the housing spike/collapse...
    Posted to History (Forum) by ashleycsmith85 on Thu, Feb 10 2011
  • How Capitalism Saved America - on Radio Free Market

    Friends of Liberty, I wanted to let my friends of liberty know about the Radio Free Market CALL IN Show tomorrow August 28th at 1PM on Radio Free Market interview on RepublicBroadcasting with Dr. Tom DiLorenzo (a noted Mises Scholar). We will be talking about the history of Capitalism in America dating...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Andy Katherman on Fri, Aug 27 2010
  • History of the Modern Middle East

    Hello all, I will shortly be taking a graduate class about the modern history of the Arab middle east. I am very unfamiliar with this topic and was wondering if anybody had any recommended reading that would be relevant to this subject. My unfamiliarity with the subject will likely end with me having...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Menno Caven on Tue, Aug 24 2010
  • Where did the state come from?

    I've heard a lot of theories about where and how the state originated since I've started my reeducation in Austrian economics/libertarian political theory. My statist professor claimed that it was created naturally from people banding together and choosing one person to protect them. In a video...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Naevius on Fri, Jul 9 2010
  • Best and Worst - President of the United States

    I just want to see everyone's opinion on this subject. Who do you think is the best and worst U.S. President, and why? Haha, I figure I better say this: if you're going to vote, please do not say that they are all the worst. In fact, writing this might make even more people say it. Oh well.
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Provisional Irish Republican Army

    The goal of the IRA is to remove North Ireland from control of the United Kingdom so that Ireland can be a united nation again. I was asking a friend of mine who's Irish, and he said that he also believes Northern Ireland should be a part of a united Ireland again. However, it's hard for me to...
    Posted to History (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Best Books on United States History

    It seems like they didn't teach us anything about real United States history in school. My teachers were always terribly boring and made us memorize the acronyms of the New Deal programs. I've had to teach myself everything I know about our history, but I always have to learn randomly - and by...
    Posted to History (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Wed, Jun 23 2010
  • Who Killed Max Good Bank? (about Peter Schiff's latest book)

    hi there So I really enjoyed Peter Schiff's latest book "How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes" so much that I've started giving it to other people to read. The first person I loaned it to me asked who really killed Max Goodbank? In other words which historical character(s) does Max...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Jachin Rupe on Tue, Jun 15 2010
  • In regards to more free or less free podcast

    This is one of the worst things I have heard on any website. Jeff Riggenbach is clearly a left-libertarian by celebrating the end of anti-miscegeneation laws, anti-abortion laws, and sodomy laws. He also states that things are getting steadily better for liberty in America just by pointing out the aforementioned...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Paleolibertarian on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • If you could change one event. . .

    If you could change one event in the course of human history (or lets say in the last 300 years) with the goal in mind of trying to maximize the amount of (economic) freedom in the world in 2010, what would it be and why? Try to be specific, not just well I would eliminate the US government. It would...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Joe on Wed, Apr 21 2010
Page 2 of 6 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »