  • How would credits appear in a libertarian world?

    I often hear the time-interest theory of credit. Real credit is based on savings rather than fraction reserve banking and the interest rate depends on the amount of savings in an economy. It is simple economics and I don't see why it takes so much time for society to understand this. But there is...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Pierre-Alexandre Crevaux on Sat, Aug 18 2012
  • Will National Review post my refutation of its understanding of economics?

    National Review Online has the policy of monitoring the comments posted by readers. One of its senior editors (Ramesh Ponnuru) wrote a long article about the economy that was published on April 6. This was my comment: I told the following true story to Murray Rothbard, a famous economist, who expressed...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by David Roemer on Wed, Apr 6 2011
  • Reading Mises

    My knowledge of Austrian Economics is limited to Rothbard's works The Ethics of Liberty , For a New Liberty , and sections of Power & Market . I know he was highly influenced my Mises and I would like to start tackling some of his works. I just want to get a general feel for his theory of economic...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by spw317 on Wed, Jul 7 2010
  • Re: The Panic of 1837

    According to Murray Rothbard, in his History of Money and Banking in the United States the economy actually revived in 1838 (p 100). This is backed up by Milton Friedman (1960 p 10). Historical records, however, record the depression returning in 1839. Professor Temin disagrees; in his Jacksonian Economy...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by krazy kaju on Mon, Feb 9 2009
  • Mystery of Banking Question

    I have thus far found the Mystery of Banking to be an amazing book on the dynamics of the money system. But Rothbard's description of the fractional reserve system does not jive with what I have been taught and this definition becomes essential later on when he explains why fractional reserve banking...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smccart on Sun, Aug 17 2008
  • Re: The Slave Trade?

    [quote user="Nathyn"]If Rothbard, through his sophistry, happens to come to the conclusion that a holocaust is justified for his own liberty's sake, his entire argument falls apart because his basic assumptions about the value of humanity contradict that of just about everyone.[/quote]Wow...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by allixpeeke on Tue, Dec 11 2007
  • Voluntaryist Anarcho-Communist Associations in a Laissez-Faire Society

    A couple days ago, I wrote a small piece about a small problem I had with an otherwise good essay titled "Anarcho-Communism" by Murray Rothbard. Essentially, the point I make is that in a laissez-faire society, we anarcho-communists would have no ethical objection to allowing those-who-wished...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by allixpeeke on Thu, Nov 22 2007
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)