Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Elementary Econ. Questions

    I just finished the lecture course by Peter Klein and Joe Salerno, the Causal-Realist Approach to Economics, and the last lecture on banking and the business cycle was very fascinating. However, I was confused when Mr. Salerno said that the costs go up in the capital goods industry. Firstly, bank reserves...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Savannah Liston on Sat, Oct 3 2009
  • Re: How much money does the federal government get from Fed?

    There are two answers to this question. 1) The Federal Reserve purchases U.S. government bonds and holds them. The total holdings currently are over $700 billion, so over the entire almost century of the Fed's existence, it has advanced $700 billion to the U.S. government. There is a complication...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by PhCrawford on Sat, Sep 13 2008
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)