Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Disestablishment of bank client confidentiality: another piece of freedom gone?

    Since the "global recession," the (Swiss) bank client confidentially (popularly also called bank secrecy) is again under attack (last year by the US, right now by Germany) as the root cause of tax evasion. My take (in particular to the recent comments by the German Finance Minister) can be...
    Posted to General (Forum) by markus.stocker on Sun, Feb 7 2010
  • Re: Savings and Loan

    The S&L crisis occurred because of bad deregulation. Under previous regulation, S&Ls were limited to loan on owner-occupied single-family residences and their deposits were insured by the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation (FSLIC). In the 1980's, the S&Ls were permitted to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by DougM on Tue, Dec 15 2009
  • "Sound" banks?

    Had a question for anyone who could give a half-way descent answer to it - If the idea of sound money is growing, then why aren't there (to my knowledge) any "sound" banks or credit unions? What I mean by this is, at a minimum, is banks who hold the value of money equal to deposits? Or...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Nikhil Kumra on Wed, Oct 28 2009
  • Re: Questions About Free Market Money

    [quote user="limitgov"] Q1: In essence Bank of America has its own notes as does chase and now markets have to pay for the overhead in maintaining such a number of different currencies and prices of goods have to be constantly changed per the currency you hold as in buying a can of beans may...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Wanderer on Fri, Oct 9 2009
  • Natural Money: The most efficient monetary system

    Hello all, I have posted here an introduction on the theory of natural money (hoarding fee, no interest, no credit). I am sure this will be the monetary system for the future because it creates the most efficient economy and the highest level of economic freedom and wealth for everyone. Bart Natural...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Sat, May 23 2009
  • Article to refute Sweden's nationalization of banks?

    Anybody have one on hand? Thanks, Luis.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Luis Buenaventura on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Re: What is the cause of the current deflation?

    [quote user="Okooka"]But isn't the problem with FRB as well? Banks give out multiplied ammount of credit based on deposits, so when a crisis hits and people start to default, the money supply contracts. Do I have anything wrong with seeing it like that? Admittedly I still don't quite...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Thu, Nov 27 2008
  • Re: (UK) investment advice for a beginner - gold/silver etc.

    Thanks guys. @ Matthew - I'm not sure if I'm after digital currency or physical gold/silver. Perhaps either/or, I'm really new to this and just want to backup my money while I still can. However, being able to actually use it (in small or convenient amounts) when the time comes is clearly...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fingolfin on Tue, Oct 7 2008
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
Page 2 of 3 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >