  • Financial Crisis 2008 Explanation needed

    Hello. I am trying to undestand the Financial Crisis 2008 and how it began. I watched the Overdose documentary, but I am still a little confused. Could you give me a simple explanation of how the crisis started, please? I would appreciate it if in your explanation, you would include answers in the following...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Mon, Dec 24 2012
  • Asian Contagion 1997

    In 1997, a financial crisis in Thailand was created. This crisis affected enormously more Asian countries. What were the causes? Market failure or government intervention? What do you know about these case?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Sat, Aug 25 2012
  • Cause of the crisis rebuttal

    To the say that Fannie & Freddie combined with the FED low rates caused the crisis, I read this (keynesian?) answer, is it correct? ''Agency origination only accounted for less than half of all MBS securitizations in 2005 and 2006 leading up to the crash. The rest of that Pre-2009 vintage...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by proxy2025 on Mon, Apr 23 2012
  • What Exactly is a "Crisis"?

    Hi everyone, A friend of mine is writing a paper at the University of Georgia and he recently asked me: "From the perspective of the Austrian school, what constitutes a (housing, economic, whatever) crisis? I don't mean the general feeling of panic or anxiety, but what precisely is (and is not...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phriend on Wed, Dec 1 2010
  • Response to the Economic Stimulus is Necessary Argument

    Hey all, I am still relatively new to Austrain economics and libertarianism and I was wondering if anyone could clear something up for me. I was talking with my friend the other day and I was talking bad about the bailouts and "economic stimulus" that is being proposed by politicians here in...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BordrGuy108 on Mon, Jan 12 2009
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)