Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • I'm ready to become an independent scholar of Austrian economics......

    I want to ask you about the books that I should read in sequence. I got introduced to libertarianism with the Ron Paul movement in the internet(even though I'm a Filipino and cannot be involved in US politics). Since then I have devoured articles on LRC, mises.org and freedomainradio.com and feel...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Kenneth on Mon, Jan 11 2010
  • Catholic Economics

    The Remnant recently posted an article titled Economics for Catholics . In the article, the author, Brian McCall, attempts to describe the difference between Liberal Economics (as held by Thomas Woods) and Catholic Economics. In one section McCall takes on Woods' understanding of supply and demand...
    Posted to General (Forum) by narrowway on Thu, Oct 22 2009
  • Colleges with a good economics department

    So I'm in highschool now, and I am considering the possibility of pursuing a major in economics. Which colleges/universities can I go to, to receive a good economics education of the Austrian School of economics? (it wouldn't do much good to be indoctrinated by Keynesian blockheads...)
    Posted to General (Forum) by Thomas on Sun, Oct 4 2009
  • Everywhere In Chains

    I'm new to this forum, but I don't plan on staying for very long. I've just come to introduce my blogel (blogged novel, if you didn't know). I'm calling it " Everywhere in Chains ", after the infamous Rousseau quote, "Man is born free, but he is everywhere in chains...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tiberius on Sun, Aug 30 2009
  • Looking for used Richard Maybury "Uncle Eric" books (or similar)

    My son will be turning 8 years old soon and he is exceptionally bright for his age...and he is really showing a strong interest in economics and politics. He already understands the value of collecting gold & silver over paper money, and totally understands inflation as well! During the presidential...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Erica Thomas on Wed, Jan 28 2009
  • Re: Argument Against Market-Anarchism? (transitional costs & human suffering)

    Gosh, don't you know? Anarchism would cause those evil capitalists to enslave all normal people and starve to death poor children who are not fit enough to work! LOL You simply have to point out that government intervention always harms the economy. All forms of government intervention prevent the...
    Posted to General (Forum) by krazy kaju on Mon, Jun 16 2008
  • Advice on choosing a college

    I have been scouring the internet for information on the best libertarian/Austrian leaning Economics programs for both undergraduate and Ph.D. I am currently in active duty military service but will be leaving the Air Force in December of 2009 and would like to pursue an academic career in Economics...
    Posted to General (Forum) by SmallestMinority on Mon, Jun 16 2008
  • best internships in economics?

    My economics sensei (the older guy who gives me advices) told me I should try to get an internship in a major economics, liberty oriented, institute in the USA. I have seen a few and the best one until now seems to be the one at Mises. I know the others don't pay more than 700 or 900 USD a month...
    Posted to General (Forum) by gussosa on Tue, Mar 18 2008
  • The Problem with Voters

    On the news I hear way too many comments about politicians insulting one another (mudslinging), digging up old facts about their opponents' personal history, etc. Reporters make a big deal out of it, like it's some sort of reality show. "Who said what? Who insulted who? Who used to smoke...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Savi on Tue, Feb 12 2008
  • Utter Global Colapse?

    Found this during my morning internet rounds... (from: http://survivalacres.com/wordpress/?p=1211 ) January 11, 2008 Legendary Funds Manager Julian Robertson Predicts Utter Global Collapse Stemming From Bursting of Property Bubble In a recent interview on CNBC with Ron Insana, one of the “old-timer”funds...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Nitroadict on Tue, Feb 12 2008
Page 2 of 3 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >