  • Sound Money Activist Organizations

    What organization promote sound money? I'm especially interested in organizations running advertising campaigns. Here's my current list: Campaign for Liberty Cobden Centre Constitutional Tender Foundation for the Advancement of Monetary Education Gold Standard 2012 Gold Standard Solution InflationData...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dave Doctor on Wed, Aug 15 2012
  • Central Banking

    Central bankers often remark that Central Banks were formed due to inumerable bank panics before their formation, when a free banking system reigned. I am sure this is an incorrect account of history, but I do not have the time to do my research. So, maybe someone can tell me if this is a true account...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vladimir Ulyanov on Mon, Oct 24 2011
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Is there a problem with having somewhat similar conclusions? Keynes' theory, after all, is pretty much just a special case of Austrian theory. One where all the variables line up just right for his high level of aggregation to be useful. That never occurs in real life, of course, but then again,...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JadedRailman on Thu, Mar 25 2010
  • Re: Lawrence White on Fractional Reserves

    A free banking system with no government, FDIC or central bank intervention would be a vast improvement over what we have now here in the U.S. Modern banking did evolve from fraud in my opinion, but this is not to say that it is without benefit or that it currently remains fraudulent. As a funny, yet...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kelly Lowder on Thu, Feb 18 2010
  • Austrian fractional-reserve free bankers...

    Are there any works by these economists that explain why fractional-reserve free banking wouldn't cause business cycles? I recall Hayek accepting that it would cause business cycles, but that this was a price worth paying for the economic benefits; is this the general view?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by britainland on Sat, Aug 29 2009
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)