Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Inquiry & Analysis. I am interested in a discussion of the foundations of the Austrian view- as the participants of this forum understand them. I have been reading in this area and I have a lot of material at my disposal; so I am not seeking links or suggested reading; I have fundamental questions...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kalinz on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Should the US Government Create New Temporary Jobs with Borrowed money?

    I think that President Obama plans to borrow more US dollars back from the Foreigners that earned the US dollars manufacturing US consumable products and then provide temporary jobs for unemployed US citizens to construct "Pork Barrel" projects, or rake leaves, or dig a hole today and then...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Mon, Feb 15 2010
  • The value of Gold

    Under Gold standard, Rothbard says that the value of dollar will be defined in terms of Gold, and will be fixed for ever. What will happen when new gold is mined out? Won't the value of dollar in terms of gold come down? (Read "The Case for A genuine gold dollar" in "The Gold Standard"...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by deadmanoncampus on Fri, Jan 29 2010
  • Help refute anti gold standard argument

    Hi all, First time poster. I am caught up in a debate over returning to a gold standard and was presented with some questions that I don't know how to answer. Would anybody with a better knowledge of economics be able to help me out? Thanks in advance! Here are the specific questions (how all these...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Hizaki on Wed, Jan 27 2010
  • Re: Getting out of the US Dollar?

    Scottsdale Silver is one the best bullion sites IMO. Incredible bars, accepts visa, and quick shipping.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by regwat on Wed, Jan 6 2010
  • 100% reserve...where does new money come from?

    I have been in discussions with friends regarding 100% reserve banking and a commodity standard, and I was asked a question that seems simple but has me stumped. It's best to look at it in the form of a hypothetical situation: A country has a gold standard and practices %100 reserve banking (loan...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonas on Mon, Oct 12 2009
  • Re: Gold standard: physical problem

    Two things: 1. If gold becomes that valuable, I assume that we would switch to something like silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium, etc. 2. Gold being an element, it could be split into individual atoms, molecules would technically not be needed.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Wanderer on Sat, Aug 1 2009
  • If GOLD is the sought after GOLD Standard....Why would I

    Hello, Perhaps this is a bit odd, or convoluted but I tend to question the obvious at times. So first a little emperical ground work and some simple guidelines. I'll try to write this in simple generalalities, so give me a brake on the fine points for the time being and as well, think big picture...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Peghead on Tue, Jul 28 2009
  • Interest Rates While On The Gold Standard

    What is the difference between a Fed raising interest rates while on a gold standard or off? The question came to mind while I was reading Global Capitalism, which stated that "In 1931 The Fed responded to the financial crises in classic gold standard fashion, raising interest rates from 1.5 to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremiah Dyke on Sun, Jul 12 2009
  • If the U.S. Would Have Remained On Gold

    Have there been any estimates as to the direction of our economy if the U.S. would have stayed committed to gold? I not really interested in the answer of the benefits of gold versus fiat/devalued money, I'm interested to know how far unemployment, prices and productivity would have fallen if we...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremiah Dyke on Sun, Jul 12 2009
Page 3 of 7 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »