Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Sound Money Leads To Stagnant Economy?

    Hmmm.. it is becoming interesting... Well, in regards to scarcity of gold, who said it should be gold.. or gold only? It could be several metals, gold, silver, platinum.... (anything else?) I can imagine several weight units of every metal (1 gm, 5 gm, 10 gm,... etc.) and free evaluation of each metal...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by limo on Sun, Dec 12 2010
  • Sound Money Reading List?

    Hi all, I am looking for books to read on the subject of money to get an in depth understanding of it. Here is one question I am trying to understand. I have recently started reading Austrian Economics works. I just finished Rothbard's "What has Government Done to Our Money?" and it went...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by P. Lotor on Wed, Nov 10 2010
  • Uncle Sam’s Mysterious Hoard - from the Atlantic Monthly - Why don't we just sell all the gold in Ft. knox?

    The question of course is how much gold does the US Government have? Given that Ft. Knox has never been properly audited. What a great question - Why in the world would the US Government, currently the world's largest debtor, hold on to physical reserves of gold? (that it confiscated from private...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Redmond on Tue, Nov 2 2010
  • Inspiration for Master Thesis Topic - Thorsten Polleit - Monetary Economics

    Hey all, I will be about to write my master thesis with Thorsten Polleit as first corrector. His page on mises.org: http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=793 Do you have any inspiration for us regarding an interesting topic that is worth to be investigated? Best regards Alex
    Posted to General (Forum) by tschyross on Sat, Oct 9 2010
  • Sound Money Leads To Stagnant Economy?

    Hey guys, I have a question regarding sound money. I'm having an argument with someone who says that sound money would inhibit investment. Here's what the guy has to say: "A strong gold-backed currency, high interest rates and so on would make money so expensive that investment just wouldn't...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by SG875 on Thu, Jul 15 2010
  • Fiat money: Gold, silver, Gresham and Taxation.

    Hi all, I am a longtime reader of this website. I became interested in Austrian economics while studying for an economics degree at university. As you all well know, the standard college econ curriculum is all but useless in terms of its ability to actually inform ones opinions on the topic. Luckily...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom on Fri, Jul 9 2010
  • Re: G20 drops support for fiscal stimulus

    It's odd because here in Toronto about 4 blocks from the convention centre where the G8/G20 are meeting they need $1.2 billion in security, chainlink fences, police, etc.. Yet I've never heard of the Mises having an economic meeting discussing local ownership, gold-backed currencies, privacy...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by peon on Thu, Jun 24 2010
  • How do I convince my parents to buy precious metals???

    Do any of you have any good documentaries, articles, videos that I could show? My parents aren't exactly familiar with economic trends.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Kenneth on Sun, Jun 13 2010
  • Re: Does paper money require an army?

    The US Government only has $11 Billion of gold left in Ft. Knox according to the AP Dec. 21, 2009, 3:44PM, and the US government is continuously allowing our freshly printed US Bonds, US Dollars and other Securities owned by foreigners to be redeemed by purchasing title to privately owned land, hotels...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Thu, May 20 2010
  • Gold ATM

    Click on the link for some pictures and the source story: http://www.gizmag.com/ gold -to-go- gold -vending-machine/15093/ GOLD TO GO - the Gold Bullion vending machine This Wednesday saw the official opening of the world’s first permanent gold -dispensing vending machine. Created by German company...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ViennaSausage on Sat, May 15 2010
Page 5 of 14 (135 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »