Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Specific thought about pedophilia

    Hello everyone! I was flicking through the threads of the forum, and I came upon this particular thread: http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/25906.aspx As to the question regarding pedophilia, I thought of something. When a child is at an early state of life (a state where it cannot yet reason) it could...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Sun, Oct 23 2011
  • Fraud in Libertarianism

    I know I already asked this in another (locked) thread and John James answered but I still have some questions. The original question was: What exactly constitutes fraud in a libertarian society? John James answered: The appropriation of individual A's property by another individual (B) without A's...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Jargon on Wed, Oct 19 2011
  • Libertarian: legalize all drugs (including crack) but take it slow

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1XttujOlhE What does everyone think of this kind of strategy, that is going about it slow? I like the idea of transition as oppose to sudden change. If a stateless society is in our future let it come through evolution not revolution. That's how I imagine it happening...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Sat, Jul 16 2011
  • Anarchist law and Fraud

    What would be the basis for persecution of fraud in an anarchist society? Exactly how is fraud a violation of property rights?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anarcho-math on Sun, Oct 25 2009
  • Re: Rights, Property, and State

    [quote user="hashem"]"“Aggression” is defined as the initiation of the use or threat of physical violence against the person or property of anyone else." [/quote] That definition is circular in the sense that it uses terms that refer to the same thing as the word as you...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Luming Zhou on Fri, Aug 7 2009
  • Re: What would you do with the EU?

    Secession is the only real hope. Maintain the free trade and common labor market, but get rid of the Euro and leave the political sphere. Losing your sovereignty to a national government is bad, but getting it lost to a multi-national government is even worse.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wanderer on Thu, Jul 23 2009
  • a criminal (or suspect) who doesn't join any security agency

    I have tried to find something about this in the literature section but couldn't do it. In a Libertarian society: What happens if somebody (Mr. A) is denounced by another one (Mr. B) as a criminal, but Mr A isn't affiliated to any security or justice agency and he won't comply to go to trial...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by gussosa on Mon, Apr 20 2009
  • Books on the Privatisation of Courts

    I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but I've had a look at some posts, and I haven't been able to find anything with which to answer my question. I would like to know if there have been any books written on how a privatised court system would work. Mainly, how it would address...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Justin Paston-Cooper on Sun, Oct 12 2008
  • Re: Hermann Goering on Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Juan: I am not sure whether you want a real conversation, but given your persistence, I'm willing to take the chance. Was what your score on the Austrian quiz? Mine was 95%. Not that it's that important; it just means I have some idea of what Austrian views are. The Austrian test "answer"...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TokyoTom on Thu, Apr 17 2008
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)