  • Currency Wars - How can currecy depreciation boost exports?

    I'm currently reading Currency Wars by James Rickards. In it, he says that one way for a nation to boost its exports is to depreciate its currency by printing money. For example, let's say that the price of a German car is 20,000 marks or 20,000 US dollars. And let's say the exchange rate...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jesse Cohen on Mon, May 7 2012
  • How fractional reserve banks loan money into existence

    I always have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of money creation through fractional reserve banking. I get the general idea, but I have a hard time re-articulating that idea to other people. I use comparisons to help me understand concepts, so I would like to know if this comparison is basically...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Mon, Sep 26 2011
  • How is money created?

    I recentely published this article on Global Research and on Rense.com http://www.thecactusland.com/2011/05/moral-hazard-of-modern-banking-how.html And while I am please to have thousands of readers, I was a bit disappointed in the discussion in the comments section. The real issue, one that is very...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Robert on Sat, Jun 18 2011
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)