Showing related tags and posts for the Newbies forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: How does the Federal Reserve effect the US government's ability to finance its debt?

    The US government does not really borrow US dollars from US banks to pay for its expenses. The US congress passes laws that authorize Federal Reserve Board (via Chairman Ben Bernanke) to buy some paper and then print a bunch of new interest bearing paper currency instruments in varying amounts with the...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Mon, Feb 15 2010
  • hi and a question

    Hello all. I've been a reader of the Mises site for a couple of months now and I've decided to join to ask a question. I'm currently a college student with no job; I left my last job last month. Anyway, I have the opportunity to get a job working for the Federal Reserve through a friend that...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by frisco87 on Tue, Dec 16 2008
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)